KEMITRAAN PARTNERSHIP JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Job code title: Communication Officer
- Supervisor: Team Leader for Protecting Human Rights Defenders for Sustainable Development in Indonesia Program and Communication Specialist
As Indonesia advances through the post-reformation era into a progressive phase in respecting, protecting, and fulfilling human rights, measurable actions in defending human rights defenders are crucially needed. The current legal framework in Indonesia does not regulate clearly regarding who can be classified as human rights defenders and the protection mechanism to safeguard them while conducting their duty and role in society. Although substantially speaking, the essence of human rights defender is embedded in many laws and regulations such as the Indonesian Constitution, Law 9/1998 on Freedom of Expression in Public, Law 39/1999 on Human Rights, Law 26/2000 on Human Rights Court, Law 23/2002 on Child Protection, Law Law Number 24/2003 on Constitutional Court, Law Number 13/2006 on Protection of Witnesses and Victims, and so on.
The need of formulating an effective and efficient protection mechanism for human rights defender is as quintessential as disseminating information regarding the situation, condition and challenges that human rights defender faces in daily basis to the society. The purpose of distributing said information is to increase the public’s knowledge and awareness about human rights in general and also as a form of public information to further develop the public’s political participation.
In order to achieve the aforementioned objectives, a Communication Officer needs to be recruited who will work under the guidance of the Communication Officer & Team Leader for Protecting Human Rights Defenders for Sustainable Development in Indonesia Program. He/She reinforces the capacity of the Partnership to:
- Implement effective communication messages internally and externally pertaining to the mandate and work of the organization through the use of appropriate information media, advocacy approaches and communication tools, and
- Implement strategic media campaigns regarding human rights defenders’ issues, according to the needs of the project through a variety of communication tools, collaboration with media and other organizations.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Creating publication planning and strategies to disseminate the program’s achievements;
- Provide a continuous data update on human rights and human rights defenders condition in local, national, and international level
- Strengthen program’s and Kemitraan’s media relations and information distribution;
- Manage Human Rights Defenders Knowledge System, an online knowledge platform for human rights defenders information;
- Create and publish publication materials as deemed necessary for the program, to support the program’s partners and Kemitraan;
- Produce photos, videos, infographics, layouts, and other relevant communication materials to support the program’s achievement;
- Provide technical support in organizing public events;
- Collect information and lesson learned from partners of the program;
- Provide inputs and comments as necessary on various communication products created by partners;
- Conduct another relevant communication-related job as deemed necessary by the program
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the effective and efficient functioning of the Partnership strategy in communication and campaign aspects in the human rights defender project, including the Partnership’s positioning as a key driver of governance reform in Indonesia.
Corporate Responsibility & teamwork:
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling professional values and ethical standards
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the Partnership
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Functional Competencies: Coordination Effectiveness
Ability to work on the design and implementation of communication and resource mobilization activities, including systematic approaches to build and maintain strategic partnerships with key donors.
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations;
- Evaluates information accurately and identifies key issues required to resolve problems
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Manages conflict and stress, remaining composed and working as a mediator in crisis or antagonistic situations
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
Education: Minimum Bachelor degree (S1) in communication, public relations, journalism, business administration, management, social science, or another subject of relevance
Experience: Minimum 2 years of work experience in public relations, advertising, campaign, and media. Good communications and interpersonal skills. Experience in international, multilateral, and development organizations is an advantage.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia, Intermediate to Advanced English (active and passive).
For more information about this vacancy please check our website at: Kemitraan Partnership for Governance Reform
To apply for this position please submit your CV to: CLICK HERE no later than 24 December 2020. Only selected candidates will be contacted.