HIVOS SOUTHEAST ASIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power, and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens, and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
- Title: Consultant Field Facilitator for ACTION
- Duty Station: Bogor, East Lombok, Makassar, Yogyakarta – Indonesia
- Number of Position: 4 positions
- Report to: ACTION Project Manager
- Duration: 6 (Six) months with possibility of extension
In July 2020, Hivos received a grant agreement from the European Union for a project called ACTION – Active Citizens Building Solidarity and Resilience in Response to COVID-19. The project’s main objective is to enhance poor and marginalized community resilience and solidarity in responding to the impacts of pandemics. The project is implemented by a consortium where Hivos as the coordinator to lead other members consisting of 5 national NGOs, namely: SAPDA, KAPAL Perempuan, CISDI, PUPUK, and PAMFLET.
This project targets marginalized and high-risk populations in rural and urban areas in two phases. Phase one focuses on activities response, such as health care, and water and sanitation systems. Phase two addresses the social and economic recovery phase. The project will be implemented in 5 provinces in Indonesia, which included Jakarta, South Sulawesi, Yogyakarta, West Nusa Tenggara, and West Java. The duration of ACTION is in 24 months.
The project will support essential health care, mental health services, water and sanitation systems, farming initiatives, employment and skills training, fundraising assistance, financial assistance assessment, as well as relevant public awareness campaigns. The project will also support the government at all levels to tackle the impacts of the pandemic and respond to emergency needs. Using a multi-sectoral approach, many parties will be involved, such as civil society, community organizations, government, and the private sector in fields ranging from health and social welfare to governance, livelihoods, and food security. Amongst the beneficiaries are people with disabilities, the elderly, women, children, youth, sexual and gender minorities, farmers, landless laborers, and micro and small-scale producers. The project aims to reach 15000 beneficiaries of rural and urban poor.
In implementing the project, there will be a variety of field activities carried out during the project period, from July 2020 to July 2022 in the 5 project areas. Field officers are urgently needed to support the ACTION Project consortium in order to tackle on-field coordinations, executing activities, work on advocacy, and facilitate training for the beneficiaries
The objective of the field facilitators is to make sure all activities can be conducted as planned and provide accountable reports to the consortium, with expected results as follow:
- To support the consortium and tackle on-field coordination
- Executing Hivos activities related to ACTION Project
Roles and responsibilities
The field officers will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Facilitating training for small scale producers
- Supporting urban farming initiatives to access market opportunities
- Advocate activities with rural authorities
- Establish urban farming demo plot in a number of villages in the project areas
- Facilitating training on urban farming
- Facilitating workshops on food processing and also branding and packaging
- Attend coordination meeting with Hivos team
- Writing weekly reports for progress and conducted activities
Prior to the workshops, each officer will be required to attend a series of training and preparation provided by the consortium.
Knowledge, experiences, and competencies
The service provider must comply with the following qualifications:
- Indonesian nationality
- Knowledge of and current topics on COVID-19 response program with civil society organizations and marginalized communities is an advantage
- Background in environment, farming, or economic development is an advantage
- Experience in working on on-field implementation
- Based in one of the project areas: Bogor, Makassar, East Lombok, and Yogyakarta.
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV, Cover Letter, and consultant daily rate to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17 January 2021.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘ACTION FF – Duty Station) in the ‘subject’ line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.