TAY JUHANA FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
Finance and Administrative Assistant
- Position: Full time
- Location: Remote during PSBB and occasional to office (North Jakarta)
- Starting date: 1 February 2021
About the Organization
Among more than seven billion people who live on today’s Earth, one billion go to bed with an empty stomach every day. While food is the fuel of everything in human lives, we often take food for granted. Improving food security for all is becoming more critical every day with rapid population growth, changing climate, depleting aquifers, and land uses competition. Tay Juhana Foundation (TJF) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) that realizes that a series of immediate actions must be taken to avoid the aggravation of this global issue.
TJF is fully-operated by young talents who are committed to utilizing their optimum skills and capabilities to formulate effective strategies, conduct comprehensive research, and communicate the messages in cultivating food crops in suboptimal lands, such as peatland. This series of activities will benefit the people while minimizing the risk of environmental degradation. We believe that our programs can bring a significant change in the way we manage our lands, which will eventually improve the state of food security.
We invite qualified candidates who share the same passion with us to become the agents of change for the mentioned causes by joining our small, dynamic team in Jakarta as Finance and Administrative Assistant.
The officer will implement and coordinate financial support, administrative, and general secretarial matters to assist the foundation and team members and assist in day-to-day operational and organizational activities.
- Provide framework, standard operational procedure, roadmap, and other fundamental administration parts for supporting organization performance.
- Responsible for the organization’s financial functions include financial report, balance sheet, transaction record, payment, reimbursement, tax, etc.
- Support human resources management and organization development, including employee data record, recruitment, permits, and capacity building.
- Prepare letter, form, and other formal correspondence and clerical work.
- Conduct general documentation procedures and filing management system.
- Ensure the office logistics including equipment, supplies, and stationery, next to arrange necessary operational affairs such as travel itinerary, accommodation, venue.
- Assisting manager and program activities, including monthly report, program inventory, team agenda, and schedule.
- Perform other program activity and administrative duties, if necessary.
- Candidate Requirement
Formal: Bachelor’s/Diploma Degree in administration, finance, accounting, secretary or relevant studies.
- 1-2 years proven experience as an administrative function and/or financial support, however fresh graduates with organization experience are welcome to apply.
- Candidates must have a strong passion for working within a research-based nonprofit organization – especially within one that focuses on food security, sustainable agricultural practice, and sustainable development.
- Candidates must be computer literate and tech-savvy (proficiency in Ms Office, familiar with accounting software, online drive, skype, zoom, etc)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, is compulsory.
- Candidates must be a carefully-oriented individual and extremely attentive to detail.
- Candidates must be an organized, systematic thinkers who can juggle multiple, competing priorities with quick response and proven leadership.
- Candidates must have proven good interpersonal skills and leadership, next to independent and teamwork spirits.
- Candidates must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels, in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Opportunity to play a key role in the initial phase of a promising nonprofit organization development.
- Opportunity to work in a vibrant working environment with a diverse, and dynamic team.
- Opportunity to travel to other parts of the country and overseas at times.
- Possible internal and external training/workshops.
- High competitive salary (commensurate with skills and experience).
- Most importantly, the opportunity to contribute to solving critical issues and become the agent of change for the future of our planet!
How To Apply
Interested applicant must send a set of application documents which includes:
- Current CV/resume with the most recent photograph attached.
- Motivation letter addressing candidates’ suitability and potential contribution to the offered position (max. 1 page). Please write the minimum expected salary here.
- Candidates’ most recent portfolio that is open to the public is encouraged to be shared.
The application document must be sent via email to: email@example.com, no later than 30 December 2020
Please indicate the subject heading “TJF Application – FAA – [Your Full Name]” (e.g. TJF Application – FAA – Julian Andika).
TJF is an inclusive and diversity-friendly organization. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. The selection committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.