CHURCH WORLD SERVICE JOB VACANCIES 2020
OPERATION OFFICER – 1 (ONE) POSITION – BASED IN SOE – NTT
CWS Indonesia is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS is currently implementing a Zero Hunger Project in Soe, West Timor to improve the nutritional status of children through family farming (gardening and animal raising) with environmental friendly agriculture practices; capacity building of health volunteers/cadres in health and nutrition caring practices for children and pregnant mothers as well as in hygiene and sanitation; and safe water resource management and construction.
The Operation Officer position is required to support the administration and secretarial job of the office in service areas of SoE. The Operation Officer will also assist the Program Manager with all correspondence and communication concerning the project. The position also requires coordination/ communication with all CWS staff in service areas of SOE. The ability to be flexible in working with all staff and as part of a team is essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Answer telephone and relay message for office staff;
- To be responsible for the recording and filing of official documents and mails,
- Greet and provide hospitality to office guests;
- Arrange for domestic and international travel of the staff and CWS guests;
- Maintain an updated phone tree of CWS Indonesia in the SOE office.
- Be responsible for procurement of program and office needs.
- To comply with CWS Indonesia procurement system and procedure when processing the procurement based on approved purchase requests.
- To prepare contracts with third parties when applicable.
- To arrange the procurement of office needs including office supplies and stationery/ writing/ printing supplies.
Inventory & Assets
- To be responsible for maintaining the records of all assets and inventories of CWS Indonesia in the SoE Office.
- To be responsible for maintaining stock cards of program materials if applicable.
- Be responsible for the insurance of CWS Assets including car, motorcycle, and office equipment.
- Ensure the validity of the insurance period.
- Arranging the use of cars to support the smooth operation of program activities, including the official needs of cars by finance and admin staff.
- Monitor the use of gasoline and ensure that cars are maintained and repaired appropriately and are in good conditions for traveling.
Office Building and Equipment Repair, Maintenance and Service
- Arrange the repair and maintenance of the office building including all facilities provided by the office (such as: Air Conditioners, Telephone, Toilets, Bulbs, Generator Set, etc).
- Maintain a good relationship with the Landlord and coordinate any repair and maintenance of the building with the Landlord, as well as any payments such as Land and Building Tax.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the office cleanliness and healthy environment and efficiency.
- Maintain personnel administration which includes but not limited to attendance records, leave records, medical records.
- To pay tax to the Tax Office when needed.
- To prepare overtime calculation of support staff every end of the month.
- To do other tasks as requested by the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience working in the related administration field.
- Experience working in INGO or an International environment is beneficial.
- Experience in manage meeting, workshop, traveling and scheduling
- Experience in handling admin reports, medical records, and leave records
- Ability to work in a team and/or independently with minimum supervision and to handle multitasking jobs.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills in both spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Good computer skills, including internet communication and various office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Willing to work extra hours if required.
- Willing to travel/visit to project sites as requested.
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, including two references; expected gross salary and contact number, the latest on 31st December 2020. Please send applications in MS Word format (maximum 200KB) to email@example.com