INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF RED CROSS JOB VACANCIES 2020
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 192-member National Societies. The Organization acts before, during, and after disasters, crises, and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
IFRC CCST Jakarta, covering Indonesia and Timor-Leste, has developed the Operational plan for 2019 in line with the overall strategic direction of the IFRC’s 7 Areas of Focus and 4 Strategies for Implementation. In addition, IFRC CCST Jakarta and Asia Pacific Regional Office have been working together in enhancing the cooperation and coordination in Asia Pacific.
ACCOUNT PAYABLE – NATIONAL STAFF
- Date of issue: 18 – 12 – 2020
- Closing date: 1 – 1 – 2021
- Duty station: JAKARTA
- Country: INDONESIA
- Contract Duration: 6 (six) months
- Category of Staff: National Staff
- To assist the Finance Department in performing accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
- To assist Finance Department in providing finance support service to the Country Cluster Support Team and Partner National Societies, in accordance with Federation standard procedures, policies, and regulation.
- To contribute the achievement of the Federation Strategy for Implementation 4 to “ensure a strong IFRC that is effective, credible and accountable” and the role demands strict adherence to International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ Code of Conduct
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Support to the Country Cluster Support Team (CCST)
- Assemble, review and verify all the Indonesia and Timor Leste documents according to the Federation policies; i.e.: ensuring those documents have been approved by program manager, using correct coding, providing the valid supporting documents (purchase request, quotation, competitive bid analysis, purchase order, contract, goods received note), etc.
- Perform diligence check to a new supplier and update supplier code
- Clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices
- Record all invoices into the system with the correct date and the correct general ledger accounts by analyzing the expenses of those invoices
- Prepare the payment proposal for all invoices which have been approved by the program manager
- Verify invoices with the supplier’s contract before preparing the payment proposal
- Record all invoices which are entitled to the tax exemption process for the VAT
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions on a monthly basis
- Fcast the invoice plan for next payment
- Follow up all unprocessed transactions in the system to the user
- Prepare analysis of the chart of accounts based on the expenditures correctly
- Prepare and verify all reconciliation has been done every month.
- File all accounting documents in accordance with the Federation filing system and ensure the documents are sent to the regional finance unit (RFU) by the second week each month.
- Maintain copies of invoices, supporting documentation, or correspondence necessary for files
- Support IT and admin to do quarterly asset check
- Ensure proper filling of financial document and are not expire by disposal date
- Filling Contract and Project Agreement appropriately
- Update and create lease agreement into Apple system
- Assist Finance Department to distribute the tax slips and the tax exemption letters to the suppliers
- Filing and rechecking the scan of the signed tax slip in the server with the proper filename on a monthly basis
- Distributing the signed tax slip and the tax exemption letter to the user by email
- Preparing the original signed tax slip and the tax exemption letter to be distributed to the supplier’s address
- Filing the receipt of the tax slip and tax exemption letter distribution in the server
- Completing the tax exemption letter template based on the provided tax exempted information
- Compiling the files based on the provided information related to the tax exemption process
- Preparing the sealed envelope with the written proper information to submit the provided tax report
- Ensuring the scan of the supporting documents for the tax exemption process is clear and readable
- Collecting the invoice along with its supporting document in the scanned form
- Renaming each invoice based on the supporting document category.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Corporate Service Manager.
- Assist Finance Department in providing supporting documentation for audits
- Provide support in case of long-term vacancies, absence, or illness to ensure finance services’ continuity.
- Advise proactively Sr. Finance and Administration Manager on systems and process improvement that will contribute to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounts payable process.
He/She must maintain a strict moral confidentiality agreement to the International Federation and shall not disclose neither spread any confidential or sensitive information.
He/She oversees organizing the archives of all financial reports and documents and will treat them as confidential material, not for spreading beyond the target audience, being the Management of the Country Cluster Support Team and the Regional Finance Unit.
Should there be a breach in this confidentiality, the employer reserves the right to terminate the contract with immediate effect.
Exception to the rule: if the information received reveals that the delegate/staff comes to seriously harm, that should be notified to the line manager whose responsibility is to act according to the Federation Code of Conduct regarding supporting vulnerable people.
- Diploma or Degree in Relevant Field (finance or accounting)
- Experience in accounting, finance, or accounts payable
- Experience in document preparation
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent is preferred
- Experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization in a developing country is preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing)
- Able to work both as a part of a team and independently in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Having basic knowledge of Indonesian Taxation is preferred
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) is preferred
How to apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
Please indicate on the subject heading: Account Payable