UN VOLUNTEERS JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Host Entity: UNICEF
- Country: Indonesia
- Duty Station: Ambon (Maluku), Banda Aceh, Makassar (IDN)
- Language Skills: Indonesian, English
- Start Date: 15 January 2021
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
- Application Deadline: 07 January 2021
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the CFOs and with support from the C4D unit at the national level, the UNVs (C4D officers) should provide professional technical, operational, and administrative assistance in the area of C4D/RCCE throughout the COVID-19 programming process and response, especially at the community level. The incumbents will support strengthening work around improving demand generation for the COVID19 vaccine through with Government counterparts, Civil society organizations, and liaising the COVID19 RCCE working groups.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Under the framework of the national RCCE strategy response and UNICEF-led response, support the overall analysis of situation, needs, and priorities to ensure effective RCCE and community engagement interventions.
- Support provision of timely, comprehensive and current data to inform RCCE plans and programme development, planning, management and implementation as it relates to COVID 19 emergency, and C4D programming.
- Support evidence generation through research and report on trends in knowledge, attitude and practices for use in programme development, management, monitoring, and evaluation of RCCE.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of emergency response processes by executing/administering a variety of technical programme delivery, preparing materials/documentations, comply with organizational processes and management systems to support progress towards the scale-up of C4D COVID19 response.
- Implementation of C4D activities and support coordination for COVID19 preparedness and response including the introduction of the new vaccine;
- Provide technical assistance and support to the behaviour change and community engagement component of the RCCE COVID-19 response, including developing, coordinate, and provide training for frontline workers, volunteers, and partners.
- Work closely with Sub-National counterparts to develop and establish partnerships with a community-based organization, including developing programme documents and monitoring indicators for partnership.
- Provide technical, coordination, and advocacy (at sub-national level) support to roll-out the recommendations of the RCCE in COVID-19 response.
- Support development, pre-testing, production, and dissemination of culturally relevant IEC materials. Including; monitoring of the use of IEC materials at various settings.
- Support UNICEF partners to develop district-based C4D/RCCE micro-plans for the introduction and promotion of the COVID19 Vaccine. And provide training and supervision for these micro-plans
- Support engagement with local influencers and key community leaders to promote the introduction of the COVID19 Vaccine.
Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain close working partnerships with government counterparts and sub-national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation. And build the capacity of stakeholders to achieve RCCE/C4D output results.
- Prepare communication and information materials for C4D programme advocacy to promote awareness and increase demand for COVID19 new vaccines and immunization programme.
- Support field office in inter-agency and relevant discussions, ensuring that RCCE priorities are fully considered and integrated in the overall COVID19 response, development planning and agenda setting.
Innovation, knowledge management, and capacity building
- Assist in preparing learning/knowledge products, covering innovative approaches and good practices, in supporting overall C4D development, particularly in the areas related to COVID-19 and COVAX facility.
- Support innovative approaches to engage youth and harness their support to the promotion of COVID19 Vaccine.
- Contribute and support the field office approach and strategies on systematic engagement of young people in programming, planning, M&E and research.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, psychology, behavior change, anthropology, education, communication, Public Health, or other related field.
Required experience: 24 Months
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset. Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Experience working with government agencies, local authorities, international organizations, NGOs and communities in the field of Community development and C4D is essential.
- Relevant experience working in an international context is considered as an asset.
- Indonesian(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other development programme/project experience, Journalism, mass media and broadcasting, Other communications related experience
Area of expertise details:
- Social development programme planning; communication for development; public advocacy
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of
your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of Indonesia and legal residents of Indonesia with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 07 January 2021
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE