CARDNO EMERGING MARKETS JOB VACANCIES 2021
AIHSP is seeking two part-time Field Staff who will be the key focal point, in coordination with staff of the Directorate of Animal Health, for day-to-day engagement with the local governments of Bali (province and districts) and other stakeholders on behalf of AIHSP and FAO Indonesia to ensure smooth implementation of an Oral Rabies Vaccination (ORV) pilot in Bali.
The Field Staff will work closely with the AIHSP Technical Program Manager (Animal Health) and the FAO Project Manager as well as with staff of the Directorate of Animal Health, other government agencies, and relevant stakeholders in the Province of Bali to collect background data and assist in the implementation of the project such as in logistics and procurement, monitoring and evaluation of each activity, data collection, analysis and reporting.
This role will also:
- Provide technical support to the ORV trail in Bali such as in logistics and procurement, data collection and analysis, and reporting.
- Assist in the implementation of the ORV trail in Bali and oversee project field activities, as well as assist in the monitoring and evaluation of each activity as stated in the ORV trial plan.
- Liaise with other government agencies and other stakeholders for the efficient implementation of program strategies, plans, and activities.
- Report monthly or as required to AIHSP and FAO project managers or their delegates on the ORV trail progress and challenges faced.
- Participate in training in risk management, and facilitate the training of ORV trial personnel to mitigate the risks of fieldwork in implementing the trial.
- Undertake other duties related to the program as required by the AIHSP Technical Program Manager (Animal Health) and the FAO Project Manager.
- Please CLICK HERE to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria
You will be a motivated and proactive Field Staff with the right combination of talent, energy, and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- A tertiary qualification in veterinary science, animal production, or related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience in dog vaccination campaign or another rabies program in Indonesia
- Based in Bali or willing to be relocated to Bali for the duration of the project. Ability to speak Balinese would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability in dog vaccination, rabies laboratory diagnostic, and veterinary epidemiology.
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills including dealing both directly and indirectly with local community and government officials at various levels.
- Experience working with local government officials in Bali on a similar project would be highly desirable.
- Good English and Indonesian oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess initiative, reliability, and honesty.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a diverse, fast-paced environment, and to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
This is an entry-level position. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations.
Why join the AIHSP?
- The Australia Indonesia Health Security Partnership (AIHSP) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
- By joining AIHSP, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
A cover letter addressing selection criteria, a recent CV with the names and contact details (email addresses and phone numbers) of three (3) referees.
The vacancy closes on Monday, 4 January 2021.
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE