IUWASH PLUS JOB VACANCIES 2021
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight months initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities, and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector, and government WASH service provision.
The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) acting through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) share the mutual goal of improving the performance of water utilities to increase access to clean water in Indonesia, particularly to address two technical challenges that are especially impactful: (1) high rates of non-revenue water (NRW); and (2) poor energy efficiency (EE). To provide a comprehensive and measurable NRW reduction and EE improvement in Indonesia, SECO agreed to co-finance USAID for a three-year technical assistance program, implemented under the current USAID IUWASH PLUS program with seven PDAMs in two regions, i.e. West Java and Central Java provinces.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the positions of:
- Consultant – SOP Development for PDAM, WJDT Regional Office in Jakarta (JOB CODE: FPICA/SOPD_WJDT)
- Consultant – SOP Development for PDAM, CJRO Regional Office in Surakarta (JOB CODE: FPICA/SOPD_CJRO)
The objective of this program are as follows:
- Support PDAM in these two regions to improve their existing SOPs or develop new ones according to the latest PDAM’s structure, practice, tasks in each working unit, operational constraints;
- Build the capacity of PDAM staff to develop clear SOPs in order to enable themselves to duplicate the process and develop SOPs independently in the future, as well as achieve a sustainable manner in SOP development.
Scope of Works
The individual consultant will work closely with PDAM in the regions to improve and develop SOP titles in several PDAM offices in WJDT and CJRO Regions. These SOPs will be prepared by full involvement of the PDAM team so that they have a sense of ownership of this program results and it is expected that in the future PDAM will be able to make revisions (as necessary) and create new SOPs. The final improved and developed SOPs have to be approved by PDAM Directors.
The professional required for this program are senior Management / Financial / Technical service providers with the following qualifications:
- Minimum S1 (Bachelor degree) Preferable Management / Economic / Financial/Technical
- Has experience in the drinking water sector minimum 5 years
- Has experience in developing SOPs
- Has the ability to communicate effectively (written and oral)
- Able to work independently in limited supervision/facilities in the study area
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Expected Start Date: February 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to: IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before January 3, 2021.
Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.