THE NATURE CONSERVANCY JOB VACANCIES 2021
Yayasan Konservasi Alam Nusantara is the main partner of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) in Indonesia. YKAN’s mission is to inherit a sustainable natural environment for future generations by preserving lands and water therein in which all lives depend, through management of protected reserved areas, vital species habitat conservation, and local communities empowerment.
We currently have an opening for: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Associate Director of Development is responsible for managing a portfolio of qualified donors and building strong relationships. S/he understands and applies complex principles of developing donor strategies. S/he will be responsible for direct asks to both global and local priorities to meet funding needs. S/he can discuss assets and listen for opportunities for gifts of assets or other non-cash gifts, such as planned gifts and in-kind contributions. The Associate Director of Development provides opportunities for donors to receive recognition and increase future giving. S/he involves and engages appropriate partners in the field and at the Jakarta Office, keeping them apprised of interactions, issues, and/or concerns, and address questions as needed. S/he is capable of featuring the programs of the YKAN’s in detailed terms and can confidently discuss legacy giving opportunities. S/he understands project budgets and may build proposal budgets utilizing this knowledge. S/he will develop a referral network as needed and may manage formal and/or informal networks of volunteers. S/he will be required to use the YKAN’s donor database and may develop proposals.
Development of Pipeline for Giving
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward, and retain qualified prospects and donors. Manage a portfolio of approximately 200 qualified relationships, and apply a moves management approach to the portfolio, with a custom cultivation strategy for each donor. Time allocation is 40% for cultivation, 30% for solicitation and 30% for relationship management.
- Supervise and ensure all agreed deliverables deliver to donors in a timely manner.
- In coordination with the Finance Operation Team to ensure the disbursement of giving as agreed timeline.
- Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing multi‐year commitments from potential donors both individuals and corporations.
- Strategically engage board members, organization executives, and current donors in peer prospect identification, visits, and closings.
- Routinely network with corporate executives and interact with high‐net worth individuals for the purpose of cultivating personal relationships and developing personal giving. Collaborate with colleagues when giving interests are expressed.
- Work collaboratively to analyze portfolios and strategize upgrades and to cultivate individual gifts from corporate partner executives.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity for donors – seeking to “crack the code” of what compels each donor to give substantially by asking the right questions – and able to personally adapt as needed to meet the needs of donors.
- Successfully align partner interests with YKAN’s strategy and demonstrate a strong value proposition. Convincingly articulate the unique selling proposition.
- Responsible for closing gifts of $ 1 million for one year or as targeted by management.
The Associate Director of Development will report to the Development & Marketing Director and is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience or an equivalent combination.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents.
- Experience in asking for and closing gifts.
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, preferably in a large non-profit.
- Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts, or planned giving.
- Previous experience managing high-net-worth individuals/clients will be a strong value added.
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com, not later than January 4, 2021. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.