ABT ASSOCIATES JOB VACANCIES 2021
Deputy Director of Performance
- Fixed-term contract opportunity in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Remote working arrangements to be negotiated with the right candidate
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The Deputy Director of Performance will provide technical leadership for KOMPAK to oversee systems and processes related to performance, strategic planning, activity design and quality control/assurance, and reporting.
The Deputy Director of Performance will be expected to fulfill the following duties (but not limited to):
- Support to Director of Performance & Executive Team
- Provide pro-active and effective support to Director of Performance to oversee implementation of KOMPAK’s performance management framework, systems and processes
- Lead and facilitate performance reviews and quality assurance, ensuring KOMPAK’s portfolio supports achievement of KOMPAK’s objectives at facility- and activity-levels
- Support the Director of Performance in coordinating a team of cross-program support, including Performance Management & Analytics, Research and Evaluation, Innovations, Communications and KM, and GESI; facilitate effective collaboration between cross-program support unit and program implementation team (national and subnational)
- In conjunction with the Director of Performance, be responsible for setting performance goals for the performance and analytics, research and evaluation, communications and KM, GESI, and innovation teams both at team and individual level; undertake regular performance monitoring; provide appropriate performance feedback; and, if needed, initiate and manage Performance Improvement Plan for relevant team members
- Together with the Director of Performance, coordinate skill development and mentoring plans with the performance and analytics, research and evaluation, communications and KM, GESI, and innovation teams to build capacity in areas of identified need to support improved Program implementation
- Immediately report any suspected fraudulent or corrupt activities to your KOMPAK supervisor or relevant Director
- Proactively identify risks, manage those within your level of accountability and escalate any emerging issues/risks that requires the attention of Director of Operations
- Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in this link.
- Ten or more years demonstrated combined relevant education and professional experience, including managing and leading monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting efforts for large and complex programs, also experience in gender and special inclusion, preferably DFAT funded
- High level interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including civil society, government, donors, development partners and private sector
- Demonstrated experience and capacity to manage teams and provide colleagues with supportive advice and strengthening through mentoring and modelling
- Well-developed project management skills able to plan, manage a budget and forecasts to deliver quality activities as planned and on time
- High order communications skills – both written and verbal. Strong writing skills required to develop high quality reports and analysis in a clear, concise and convincing manner that caters to different audiences and stakeholders
- Fluency in English is mandatory, fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is desirable
- Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion issues
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women and people with disabilities.
Applications close: Tuesday, 12 January 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.