USAID JOB VACANCIES 2021
USAID Mitra Kunci Initiative
- Position: Advocacy and Partnership Coordination Manager (APCM)
- Base of Operations: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Status: LTTA
- Original Level of Effort: 11 months
The MITRA KUNCI Initiative is a five-year, $15 million, USAID-funded program that will promote more inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The MITRA KUNCI team will provide USAID project implementers and workforce stakeholders with technical support, connections, and platforms to help build a more robust and responsive workforce development ecosystem. In addition to management support, capacity building, and coordination, DAI’s technical assistance will include identifying, piloting, and scaling new workforce development approaches and innovations. The ultimate goal of USAID’s inclusive workforce development work is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Advocacy and Partnerships Coordination Manager (APCM) will responsible for managing and coordinating all activities related to advocacy and multi-stakeholder partnership engagement for Mitra Kunci, Higher Education Institutions, Ministry of Education and Culture, Ministry of Manpower, private sector, training providers, local CSOs and DPOs, media and other relevant stakeholders in national and sub-national level. She/he also will work together with other relevant stakeholders and the USAID-Funded Cooperative Agreement Project Implementer team in developing advocacy and partnership engagement strategy, identifying the partnership opportunities and provision of technical assistance is relevant and timely. S/he will contribute to the development of high-quality program activities and the establishment of constructive partnerships in Mitra Kunci and support PIs.
- Revise existing advocacy and partnership engagement strategy for Mitra Kunci and implement strategy by managing and coordinating the national advocacy and partnership engagement activities.
- Provide technical support and guidance for MK partners (including higher education institutions, civil society and disabled persons organizations, media, and private sector) in developing advocacy and partnership engagement strategy in sub-national and national level
- Assist MK partners in working with provincial level partners in the organization and delivery of provincial, districts, and village level activities as well as national level.
- Guide and provide oversight for MK stakeholders in the implementation of advocacy and partnership engagement activities targeting local leadership to help strengthen inclusive workforce development program ownership and promote the adoption of inclusive workforce principles at national, provincial, and district levels.
- Provide support in establishing coordination forums and in organizing routine coordination meetings of stakeholders on inclusive workforce issues as necessary.
- Support Knowledge Management Specialist and other related MK specialists to identify and develop Lessons Learned for MK and partners.
- Facilitate coordination among MK partners, relevant stakeholders, and USAID-funded Cooperative Agreement Project Implementers at local and national levels.
- Other tasks relevant to fulfilling the objective of Mitra Kunci as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party.
Base of Operations
This position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia, with potential travel to West Java, Central Java, and East Java as necessary.
The Advocacy and Partnership Coordination Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication, public policy, social science, education, management, development studies, or other relevant fields, with 8+ years of work experience in the relevant areas.
- Has direct experience in working with Indonesia government at the national level including but not limited to Ministry of Education and Culture, Ministry of Manpower, and other relevant ministries; in sub-national level particularly in West Java, Central Java, and East Java; and with local civil society and disabled persons organizations, higher education institutions, media, and private sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of advocacy and stakeholder engagement management principles and capacity to deliver strong advocacy platforms.
- Excellent facilitation and strong in program management.
- Has strong networks with GOI at national and sub-national level and other relevant stakeholders such as private sectors, higher education institutions, media, local and international NGOs.
- Great leadership, excellent people skills, and interpersonal skills, and able to work effectively with various stakeholders.
- Good in written and oral communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Creative problem-solving and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Good team player with a positive attitude.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to IWDP_recruitment@dai.com. Please send applications as soon as possible. The due date for this application is January 10, 2021, 11:30 PM. Applicants are instructed to write “Advocacy and Partnership Coordination Manager – NAME of Applicant” on the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.