HIVOS SOUTHEAST ASIA JOB VACANCIES 2021
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power, and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens, and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
- Title: Project Officer Switch Asia Local Harvest (PO Local Harvest)
- Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Report to: 1 (one) year
- Duration: Project Manager Switch Asia Local Harvest
The Switch Asia Local Harvest project’s objective is promoting “a switch” to sustainable consumption and production of green, healthy, fair, and local food by consumers and MSMEs. It is a 4 year’s project started from 1 March 2018 and implemented by a consortium consisted of five organizations: Hivos (as a lead), WWF Indonesia, The Indigenous Peoples Alliance of the Archipelago (AMAN), Non-Timber Forest Product Exchange Program (NTFP-EP) Indonesia and Association for Assistance to Women in Small Businesses (ASPPUK). The project is supported by the European Union.
The Project Officer position is part of Hivos’ Local Harvest project team to support the Project Manager in coordinating, overseeing, and implementing the project in 14 districts and 5 cities, in 10 provinces in Indonesia together with the partners. The Project Officer will support the Project Manager for working in close liaison with partner organizations, where necessary building and developing advocacy capacities and ensuring partnership action particularly in the area of advocacy. She/he will also work together with the Project Manager and the Finance Officer to ensure the management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of the project, both narrative and financial report are delivered as outlined in the Grant Contract with the European Union and meet Hivos standard.
Roles and responsibilities
- Realizes successful project implementation in accordance with the project Logical Framework Analysis (LFA), Description of Action, and budget in close coordination with the partners.
- Support Project Manager in monitoring the result of the project implementation as well as the effectiveness and efficiency of the implementing partners’ performance. In particular: monitoring and evaluating task; compiling, reviewing, and provide feedback to the narrative report submitted by the partners; compiling financial reports in accordance with the EU and Hivos standard; and contributes to solutions regarding work in progress. Whenever possible, the project officer is required to travel to different project locations in Indonesia for monitoring purposes.
- To provide administration and logistics support for program implementation, including filing of project documents
- Represent Hivos in the Local Harvest activities/meetings in Indonesia and other countries when needed.
- Ensuring that project information in Hivos’ Management Information System is updated
- To contribute to Hivos overall organizational and policy development.
- To be a reliable and supportive team member for Hivos.
Knowledge, experiences, and competencies
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the food sector and/ or sustainable production and consumption
- Minimum of three years working experience
- Experience in project management, implementation, administration, and working in a team
- Experience overseeing and using LFA, monitoring and evaluation plans and indicators
- Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Having respect for a humanitarian or humanist principle and willing to work in a non-discriminating, neutral, impartial, and gender-equal environment.
- Level skills: conceptual skills, persuasiveness, decisiveness.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues, and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
PO Local Harvest graded in Grade: 6-7 (from 1-14 Hivos’s SEA salary grade).
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5 January 2021.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘PO Local Harvest’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.