INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF RED CROSS JOB VACANCIES 2021
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
STRESS COUNSELOR- NATIONAL CONSULTANT
- Date of issue: 23 – 12 – 2020
- Closing date: 15 – 01 – 2021
- Duty station: JAKARTA
- Country: INDONESIA
- Contract Duration: 12 months
- Category of Staff: Consultant
Provide individual, group, and critical incident counseling sessions to the staff when needed. Plan and facilitate preventative stress management training to IFRC staff in the country and circulate useful reading resources related to stress periodically.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provides individual support upon request to IFRC staff while maintaining full confidentiality (maintain anonymity of staff names).
- Monitors the determinants of stress in the Federation Office, as well as stress levels among the Federation staff. Provides this information (without any reference to individuals, thus protecting anonymity) to IFRC CCST management.
- Plan, organize, and lead one-hour brown bag talks at the Federation office with wellbeing topics once every two months.
- Maintain regular contact with Stress Counsellor in the Asia Pacific Region office.
- Abides by the IFRC code of conduct in their dealings with all staff.
- Appointments with the Stress Counsellor are strictly personal and confidential. The Stress Counsellor is not required to divulge information about appointments and their contents, not the names of staff that have accessed the service.
- The stress counselor reports to the IFRC Human Resources Manager on any relevant issues during her/his professional work.
- The stress counselor will be hired for an initial 12 months on a consultancy contract (for individual) or service contract (for company) which can be renewed thereafter.
- Advanced completed university degree in psychology, psychiatry, or other relevant related mental health professions (required);
- Trained as psychologists, psychiatrist, or psychotherapists (required)
- Experience of counseling (required)
- Trained in psycho- traumatology or critical incident debriefing (preferred)
- Completed a First Aid course (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of international humanitarian organizations in emergency operations (preferred)
- Cultural sensitivity
- Skills in training and developing staff (preferred)
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia, and in English is preferred
- Demonstrable high level of professional and personal integrity
- Promotes and values team diversity
- Communicates clearly and effectively
How to apply
Please submit your application letter, CV, and academic transcript to email@example.com before 15th January 2021. Please state Stress Counsellor as the subject of the email.