UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND JOB VACANCIES 2021
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Protection
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Field Office (CFO) in Aceh and supported by the Child Protection team in Jakarta Office, the Child Protection Officer will support the delivery of high-quality technical support to the implementation of nurturing parenting intervention that integrate with overall interventions to address maternal and child malnutrition in Aceh. In addition, the technical assistant will provide technical support on program implementation in line with the new country program. He/She will also support the strengthening of child protection systems at the province and selected districts in Aceh, including in improving the integrated child protection and social welfare program and services.
- Title: Child Protection Officer
- Level: NO-B (National Professional Category)
- Type of Contract: Temporary Appointment
- Duty Station: Banda Aceh
- Duration of contract: 364 days
How can you make a difference?
- Support the capacity building to a comprehensive nurturing parenting intervention and child protection system for the key government staffs and cross-sectoral stakeholders
- Support the provincial and district governments and key stakeholders’ cross-sectoral coordination mechanism
- Support the provincial and district governments and key stakeholders on the positive parenting and child protection system implementation program and policy
- Support the replication of the integrated interventions to address malnutrition with parenting component in Aceh
- Support advocacy for the replication of the integrated child protection and social welfare for children & families (PKSAI) in Aceh.
- Support the evaluation of the integrated interventions for address malnutrition with parenting component and development of documentation on lessons learned
- Ensure timely management of the budget of the projects in line with the UNICEF rules and regulations and agreement with donors.
- Write regular updates and donor reports to support the implementation of the M&E system including monitoring and evaluation.
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES WITHIN 364 DAYS:
- The capacity building to a comprehensive nurturing parenting intervention and child protection system are delivered based on the agreements
- The coordination mechanism of an integrated model at the provincial and district level strengthened and well documented
- Provincial and selected district government’s strategic planning and budgeting documents such as advocacy strategy to support the implementation of integrated intervention with parenting component are available
- Provincial and selected district government’s strategic planning and budgeting documents such as advocacy strategy to support the implementation of the integrated child protection and social welfare program and services (PKSAI) are available
- Documents on the replication strategy and best practices of the integrated interventions to address malnutrition with parenting component are available
- Documents on the replication strategy and best practices of the integrated child protection and social welfare for children & families (PKSAI) in Aceh are available
- Evaluation documents and lesson learned for parenting interventions and PKSAI are available
- Monitoring and evaluation at the provincial and selected district level facilitated
- Donor and program reports are available.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, social work, or another social science field.
- Possess technical knowledge of the theories, principles, and methods in the Child Protection (including positive parenting), Knowledge Management, monitoring, and evaluation.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience. Previous and additional professional experience of working in the child protection sector and positive parenting program will be an asset.
- Strong experience in facilitating institutional strengthening, including developing a strategic plan, coordination, and liaison with various government offices and religious sectors will be preferable.
- Familiar with sub-national level government planning and budgeting processes.
- Good understanding of Syariah Law and Village Law and its implementation in Aceh.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Good communication skills in English, including writing and presentation skills and local Bahasa Indonesia.
- Good writing skills.
- Has computer skills, including internet navigation, teleconferencing, file sharing, and various office applications.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results.
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. This vacancy is open for Indonesians only.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Remarks: The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure accuracy and completeness. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Application close: Jan 14 2021 SE Asia Standard Time
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE