FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
- Job Title: NATIONAL EPIDEMIOLOGY CAPACITY
- Type of contract: NPP level 10
Under the general technical supervision of Country National Veterinary Advisor (CNVA) and overall supervision of the Team Leader of FAO ECTAD Indonesia Programme, the direct supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor (STA) Surveillance and Risk Analysis, and the general operational and administrative guidance of the FAO Representative.
The National Technical Advisor will carry out duties, in close consultation and coordination with members of the ECTAD Indonesia team, FAO Representation office staff, government counterparts, donors, and implementing partners:
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide technical input and support for the implementation of epidemiological trainings and epidemiology capacity development;
- Provide technical input and support for the field epidemiology training programme for veterinarians;
- Provide technical input and support for trainings on lab-epi linkage, surveillance design, and data analysis;
- Provide technical input and support for trainings on integrated field investigations of priority disease and unusual events;
- Coordinate and communicate with Central and Local Government, academia, professional associations and other multisectoral partners for smooth implementation of epidemiology capacity development;
- Monitor the progress of epidemiology capacity development by tracking the activities and targets, and produce regular review reports;
- Jointly with the STA-SRA, liaise with the Directorate of Animal Health on programme development and implementation;
- Jointly with the STA-SRA liaise on capacity development activities with local governments, academia, professional association and other multisectoral partners;
- Support the Country National Veterinary Advisor and the ECTAD Team Leader for the GHSP project and other specific project related
- Provide inputs for FAO and donor reports;
- Participate and provide inputs for annual project planning activities;
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Support preparation of official communications to GOI regarding FAO ECTAD programme activities
- Coordinate the collection and consolidation of ECTAD programme data in coordination with National M&E Advisor;
- Prepare a monthly update of programme activities for the USAID GHSP Chief of Party meeting;
- Contribute to ECTAD programme three- and six-monthly reports to the donor and GOI as requested;
- Support production of the ECTAD Annual Report
- Improved management of epidemiology capacity development activities
- Improved quality of the field epidemiology training programme for veterinarians
- Improved capacity development activities for structured surveillance, laboratory field epidemiology linkage, and integrated field investigations of priority disease and unusual events
- Strengthened linkages between MoA, local government, academia, professional associations, and other multisectoral partners
- Timely preparation of letters, documents and other communications with Government
- Monitoring support provided to programme activities implementation and adjustment
- Timely compilation and drafting of ECTAD progress reports and handouts for USAID COP and other meetings; updating of USAID GHSP calendar of events.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in veterinary science with minimum 5 years field experience
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements:
- Veterinary medicine or animal disease control
- Experience in epidemiology and epidemiological studies
- Experience in surveillance and survey activities
- Experience with zoonotic diseases
- Experience working with Government of Indonesia
- Familiar with animal health services within the Indonesia government.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken in English is required.
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia with country travel as required
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
General Note to All Applicants:
Interested candidates should submit a CV and a covering letter (In English) clearly stating their relevant skills, experience and email to: FAO-ID@fao.org, Submission deadline: 15th January 2021.
All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills. FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment at a lower grade or to make an appointment with a modified job description. FAO regrets to inform applicants that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.