ASEAN FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN Leaders recognised that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness, and contact among people of ASEAN.
It was of this concern that ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997. After its establishment, the ASEAN Foundation has been tasked to support ASEAN’s community building efforts by promoting greater awareness of the ASEAN identity, human resource development, people-to-people interaction, and close collaboration among the business sector, civil society, academia, and other stakeholders in ASEAN.
Through close collaboration with stakeholders from the public and private sectors, we actively implement regional initiatives, providing youth with the opportunity to develop their skills and build connection with people from all around ASEAN and beyond. We work in four thematic areas of Arts and Culture, Community Building, Education and Media.
We seek experienced and capable Communications Consultant to support one of the ASEAN Foundation’s new programmes under Community Building pillar, which aims to help ASEAN youth in not only acquiring the necessary 21st century skills to (re)enter the workforce, but also building a more sustainable and secure economy post-pandemic.
The programme, which will run until July 2022, will become a host to market-driven vocational trainings and job-matching sessions that target vulnerable young people in the region. Additionally, we will also conduct large-scale research that covers the current employment and labour market trends in the whole ASEAN region, covering topics such as skills that are most needed by the industries right now and existing barriers that make it difficult for young people to secure a decent job.
To effectively promote the programme to its target audience, a regional communications campaign will be implemented by harnessing combined interventions of digital communications and media relations. For this reason, a Communications Consultant with extensive experience in running regional campaigns is needed.
Working closely with the Communications Team and Programme Coordinator, the Communications Consultant will be responsible for implementing a high-impact regional campaign that aims to contribute in achieving the goals of the programme.
The duration of the consultancy is 12 months from the hiring date.
The Communications Consultant is expected to develop and implement a successful regional campaign that achieves the following objectives:
- Maximising the number of young people, especially women and girls, who better understand the evolving job market opportunities in Southeast Asia during and beyond the COVID-19 crisis
- Raising awareness for the global partnership among key audiences and local policymakers in Asia
- Promoting the donor and implementing partners as thought leaders in the youth employment space among governments, private sector, media and civil society
In order to successfully achieve the aforementioned objectives, below are the programme’s key requirements that must be met:
- Development of comprehensive communications work plan
- Development of clear branding guidance
- Formulation and implementation of solid social media plan
- Creation and implementation of impactful media relations strategy
- Creation and dissemination of impactful stories on the programme’s beneficiaries
- Organisation and promotion of key events of the programme
- Creation of Innovative communication and knowledge management products
- Establishment of campaign monitoring system
SCOPE OF WORK
|1||Development of 1-year communications work plan with clear KPI target and impact||Deliver a strategic communications document covering programme objectives that must be achieved, activities to be taken and campaign’s key messages|
|2||Development of communication branding guideline for ASEAN Foundation||Develop a branding guideline for the programme|
|3||Formulation and implementation of solid social media plan|
|Create a monthly-basis social media plan that includes, among other, content ideas and scheduling|
|Develop and promote social media contents about the programme and its key events regularly|
|Explore other creative ways to promote the programme via digital platforms|
|4||Creation and implementation of impactful media relations strategy||Produce press release and feature news about the programme|
|5||Creation and dissemination of impactful stories about the programme’s beneficiaries||Produce and circulate success stories of the programme beneficiaries|
|6||Organisation and promotion of key events of the programme|
|Provide support to the Programme Team in organising online and offline public events|
|Develop event-related communications products by coordinating with inhouse designer|
|7||Creation of innovative communication and knowledge management products||Develop and promote programme’s impact videos and infographics|
|8||Establishment of campaign monitoring system||Create a campaign monitoring system|
|Deliver milestone-based campaign reports|
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality deliverables for communication, visibility and publicity
- Adherence to ASEAN Foundation’s standards and rules
- Timely organisation of events
- Number of communication materials, products, posts developed and disseminated
WORKFLOW OF THE CONSULTANT
The Communications Consultant will work directly with the Programme Coordinator under the supervision of the Head of Communications of ASEAN Foundation and the guidance from the Executive Director of ASEAN Foundation. The Consultant will be given access to the resources of the Communications Teams, such as inhouse designer and relevant digital online platforms.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communication, marketing, social science, journalism, or other related fields
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in communications field
- Possess extensive experience in developing and leading impactful, large-scale communications campaign, particularly in dynamic sector through social media platforms
- Familiar with project management
- Strong media relations network and digital communications savvy
- An eye for design and photography and ability to do basic photo and video editing
- Strong communication skills: fluent written and verbal English both inter-personally and in business setting
- Excellent experience in producing human interest stories
- Prior experience in website administration
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly agile and adaptable and calm under pressure
The consultancy work will be based in the ASEAN Foundation’s office in Jakarta.
All information pertaining to this initiative (photographs and video documentation) belonging to the ASEAN Foundation, which the consultant may come into contact with in the performance of his/her, duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable. Furthermore, all communications materials developed on behalf of the programme and the organisation will also belong to ASEAN Foundation.
REMUNERATION & SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
The price proposal should indicate a “lump sum amount” which is “all inclusive” for the tasks specified in the terms of reference. Monthly payments will be transferred to the Consultant following a submission of timesheet as well as an output report with the approval from the Head of Communications. Without submission and approval of deliverables, the Consultant shall not receive any payment if s/he invests time for this assignment.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com in Cc, with email subject of COMMS_AF2021. The applications must consist of the following documents:
- CV (in PDF, maximum 2 pages)
- Cover letter (in PDF), stating which position you are applying for, why you are applying, and how you may qualify for the position
No other supporting documents, such as copies of letters, certificates, publications, or writing samples should be submitted, as they will not be considered as part of the application process.
Deadline for Application: 18 January 2021