HIVOS SOUTHEAST ASIA JOB VACANCIES 2021
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
- Title: Participatory Action Research (PAR) Consultant for ACTION
- Duty Station: Jakarta, Bogor Regency, Lombok Timur Regency, Makassar, and Yogyakarta
- Report to: ACTION Project Manager
- Duration: February – April 2021
- Number of Position: 1 (one) team
ACTION – Active Citizens Building Solidarity and Resilience in Response to COVID-19 is a project funded by the European Union. The project’s main objectives is to enhance poor and marginalised community resilience and solidarity in responding to the impacts of pandemics.The project is implemented by a consortium where Hivos as the coordinator to lead other members consisting of 5 national NGOs, namely: SAPDA, KAPAL Perempuan, CISDI, PUPUK, and PAMFLET.
This project targets marginalized and high-risk populations in rural and urban areas in two phases. Phase one focuses on activities response, such as health care, and water and sanitation systems. Phase two addresses the social and economic recovery. The project will be implemented in 5 provinces in Indonesia, which included Jakarta, South Sulawesi, Yogyakarta, West Nusa Tenggara, and West Java. The duration of ACTION is in 24 months from July 2020 – July 2022.
The Consultant for PAR (Participatory Action Research) Consultant for ACTION falls under the supervision of and reports to the ACTION Project Manager.
The main objective of this assignment is to to identify economic opportunities, initiatives and needs of marginalized people.
Roles and responsibilities
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- To design research plan in collaboration with marginalised groups and small-scale farmers
- To develop module(s) and conduct participatory action research
- To develop PAR Report (specific provinces and overall reports)
- To disseminate PAR results to related stakeholders
PERIOD OF WORK
The period of assignment of this contract is based on a 2 months contract from 8 February 2021 – 7 April 2021.
The maximum budget for this activity is IDR 253,588,500 including consultant’s fee, transportation, meals, accommodation, and tax.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in conducting participatory community research
- Knowledge on SMEs, home industry, and small to medium scale rural producer operations
- Proven experience with logical frameworks and other strategic planning (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory).
- At least 3 years’ experience in gender and human rights issues, with good program design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent and consistent documents.
- Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary team, including coordinating technical input into a framework.
- Ability to work rapidly, both in person and remotely, with team members in various locations.
For more detailed Term of Reference (ToR) information please click the following link: CLICK HERE
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit the Expression of Interest, CV, and Proposal, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 January 2021 with “PAR Consultant for ACTION” as the subject of the email. Applications without any proposal will be excluded from the selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.