SAVE THE CHILDREN JOB VACANCIES 2021
- Job Description: Data Science Coordinator – (200007KS)
- LOCATION: Jakarta
Save the Children Indonesia aims to become an excellent centre for research and program innovation organization. We have consistently made endeavours to optimize the use of robust evidence for out development and humanitarian program design and implementation as well as for our organisational development. Research is one of the main parts of our strategies, approaches, and tools to effectively achieve the organization mission objectives. We, therefore, currently building a strong foundation to equip our internal talents to conduct various research activities in house (e.g., assessment, studies, systematic review, and evaluation). In near future, we also aim to use our research capacity as one of our key service deliveries to our partner organizations, including government, local NGO, and private sectors.
SC Indonesia is currently establishing a Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) Systems to generate, store, synthesize, share, apply knowledge for more effective, high quality, and speedy delivery program. The organization is implementing 25-30 active projects in more than 25 districts and 12 provinces. Thus, a need for a more real time and online project progress dashboard is critically important to expedite well- informed decision-making process. We aim to improve our data management, start from data cleaning, storing, analysis, packaging, and dissemination and ultimately data utilization for organizational development and program implementation and service delivery.
These background and objectives required a strong capacity of data science and therefore we are looking for a qualified talent for Data Science Coordinator position. She/He will provide technical capacity building for field office to established online/offline data visualization to track thematic progress needed by organization. She/He will work closely with all departments at national office, field office and project managers to ensure data integration established and can be utilized to support management in decision making. The post holder will also be responsible and accountable to lead or contribute to the standards as noted in the Prospect Member Framework as follows:
- Contribute to developing high quality programs which are evidence based by ensuring data with high quality and easy to ready and analysis
- Contributing to the development of strong research activities in data analysis and packaging
- Contribute to the achievement of member KPIs on time and Quality reporting
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Data-oriented personality (problem solver, strong methodological, systematic and logical approach, ability to plan work and meet deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail, team-work and interpersonal skills)
- At least bachelor’s degree in social science or a related field (such as international development, program evaluation, research methods, statistics, communication, or other relevant social science)
- Strong knowledge on Microsoft based technologies for data visualization, database management system, and business intelligent is required
- 3+ years working experiences in the NGO, university, or government, private with significant experience in MEAL, database management, research is preferred
- Solid understanding on qualitative and quantitative analytical skills (e.g., distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.), including experience using analytical software packages such as SPSS, NVivo, SharePoint, Power BI, Tableau, Business Object, GIS software, Design Graphics tools, and apps for data collection.
- Experience in conducting research and evaluations in one of Save the Children technical areas is a plus (health, education child protection, child poverty and child rights)
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Location: Jakarta
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Closing Date: Jan 19, 2021
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE