GIZ JOB VACANCIES 2021
The Forests and Climate Change Program (FORCLIME) supports the Government of Indonesia in its endeavour to mitigate the effects of climate change through forestry sector reform, capacity development and implementation of best management practices for sustainable forest management and biodiversity conservation. Field-based activities are being supported in selected districts of the provinces of Papua, West Papua and Central Sulawesi to Reduce Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (“REDD” activities) and develop a forest-based bioeconomy. FORCLIME is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ (German International Cooperation) with the Indonesian Ministry of Forestry as the Program Executing Agency.
The Programme’s overall objective is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the forest sector while improving the livelihoods of Indonesia’s poor rural communities in Eastern Indonesia. To achieve this goal, the Programme team assists the Indonesian Government and provincial authorities in designing and implementing legal, policy and institutional reforms for the conservation and sustainable management of forests, at local, provincial and national level. Support to mobilize climate finance for forest resource management are a feature of the programme, providing decision-makers with experience of how REDD can be implemented “on the ground”.
We seek a qualified Indonesian candidate for: Junior Advisor for Rural Livelihood, Forest Management and Conservation in West Papua
The Junior Advisor for Rural Livelihood, Forest Management and Conservation will be an integral part of FORCLIME 4.0 Programme on Tanah Papua. The Junior Advisor will provide support to the technical assistance in order to help for organizing various activity and contribution towards effective communication, outreach and engagement activities aimed at ensuring that FORCLIME programme delivered effectively. Greater emphasis is needed on promoting development of sustainable rural livelihood, forest management and biodiversity conservation in pilot province and district. The incumbent will work closely together with the Provincial Coordinator, Papua Coordinator and GIZ Development Adviser in Tambrauw and Sorong Selatan Districts, Papua Barat Province which is necessary to work occasionally in the other project site in Jayapura and Merauke Districts, Papua. The position is based in Manokwari, Papua Barat.
The main responsibility of the Junior Advisor shall include, but not limited to, the following areas:
- In close coordination with Provincial Coordinator/or Papua Coordinator, support activities to the achievement of programme objectives under FORCLIME strategic area (Policy, Forest Management Unit and Human Capacity Development).
- Support FORCLIME activities in sub-national level with specific emphasis on delivery of awareness-raising and capacity building related to development of sustainable rural livelihood, forest management and biodiversity conservation.
- Assist the Provincial Coordinator/or Papua Coordinator in coordinating fieldwork by contributing to the development of project plans, fieldwork task schedules, scheduling and preparing for workshops and webinar, gathering documentation, and liaising with project partners in sub-national level.
- Support GIZ’s planning, logistical and administrative matters in sub-national level.
Management & Coordination
- Supports the management and administration of FORCLIME Programme activities in adherence to GIZ policies and procedures.
- Facilitate contacts and manage relationships with all project partners in sub-national level.
- Support convening meetings and webinars to support the implementation of FORCLIME programme activities.
- Assist to supervise consultants, grantees, and interns for the project.
- Support the preparation and implementation of project activities in line with strategic and annual working plan.
- Contributes to the coordination process, joint project/program activities of the project works so that the objective and indicators can be achieved;
- Represents project when needed.
Professional advisory services
- Support the planning, development and monitors the implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with project partners (takes part in the formulation of project planning and budgeting as well as the regular monitoring).
- Contributes to the writing of the project progress and M&E reports, including performance evaluation.
- Formulates terms of references in the course of carrying out project activities.
- Deals with the design, preparation, and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the work package
- Assures the alignment of the project’s service provision with the partner’s needs.
Networking and cooperation
- Ensures cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners; and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
- Establish network of contacts (NGO, Academia, civil society) in the provinces of Papua and maintain communication and inform them on working progress of FORCLIME activities.
- Communicates and channel local interests and efforts from Papua, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of FORCLIME.
- Coordinates and supports activities of other GIZ projects especially APCC.
- Liaises with staff and implementers of other donors activities in Western Papua and identifies cooperation areas.
- Participate in networking events related to FORCLIME strategic areas.
- Assists with fieldwork and studies on the topic of sustainable rural livelihood development, forest management and biodiversity conservation, including lessons learned documentation.
- Compiles relevant information on the topic of sustainable rural livelihood development, forest management and biodiversity conservation, as well as ensures knowledge transfer to the other team members of FORCLIME.
- Facilitate exchange and identify potential cooperation with other FORCLIME project site in Palu/West Kalimantan, other GIZ projects in Papua (APCC) and government partners (MITRA BANGHUT) on the utilization of data and information of project-related activities.
- Prepare reports, guidelines, manuals, presentation materials and material to be placed at the FORCLIME website.
- Facilitate the preparation, execution and documentation of training, workshops, forums, meetings, and other project activities
- Prepare documentation materials such as photos and video footages for project-related activities.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Undertakes frequent visits to the field activities in project sites to ensure FORCLIME partner activities are proceeding as planned (in accordance with GIZ requirements).
- Supports the provision of logistics for FORCLIME staff and visitors.
- Accompanies and guides visitors in connection with field trips.
- Stay abreast of developments in global and Indonesian approaches for forest and climate change issues, as well as Hutan Adat and special autonomy of Tanah Papua.
- Subject to discussions with the project leader, advisor may be allocated for additional tasks and other duties for shorter periods.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At least Bachelor’s degree in forestry/Natural Resource Management or a subject relevant to the position
- Experience in research and fieldwork activities related forestry, community forestry, biodiversity conservation and REDD+
- Good knowledge and experience in FMU development
- Women are encourage to apply for this position.
- Persons with a residence in tanah Papua are preferred candidates.
- At least 1 year professional experience in the forestry sector, preferably in biodiversity conservation, and fieldworks related community forestry and NTFP market development.
- Good network with government institutions, academicians, NGO or international projects in Papua Barat would be an asset.
- Preferably has experience on training facilitation on village level.
- Recent working experiences in Tanah Papua and good understanding of current ongoing forest processes in Tanah Papua.
- Preferably having also, the experience of working outside of Tanah Papua.
- Previous professional experience with donor projects.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of forestry related to FMU, Community Forestry and NTFP market development.
- Basic English skills and willingness to learn English.
- Experience in working with international agencies, preferably GIZ.
- Extensive knowledge on biodiversity conservation and NTFP development related research.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Willingness to work together with partner organizations on district and provincial level (e.g. district and provincial authorities)
- Willingness to upgrade skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Manokwari
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Strategic Area Manager 2 (Papua Coordinator)
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on January 22th, 2021.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: FORCLIME 4.0 – JA Papua Barat
Please name your file as follow format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.