YAYASAN PETA BENCANA JOB VACANCIES 2021
- 18 months with possibility of extension
Base of assignment:
Yayasan Peta Bencana (Disaster Map Foundation) is an South-east Asian non-profit organization, developing open source platforms for real-time crowd-sourced disaster mapping. We run the award-winning project, PetaBencana(dot)id; a free web-based map that harnesses the use of social media during emergency events to gather confirmed on-the-ground updates from residents, and displays these reports alongside government agency validations on a publicly accessible map. Since its debut in 2013 (as PetaJakarta(dot)org), the PetaBencana(dot)id platform has been used by millions of resident users to make time-critical decisions about safety and navigation during emergency events; it has also been adopted by the Indonesian National Emergency Management Agency (BNPB) to monitor disaster events, improve response times, and share time-critical emergency information with residents. The platform has enabled greater information sharing and data coordination among residents and government agencies, and was awarded the 2019 United Nations Public Service Award for ensuring integrated approaches in public sector institutions.
We are looking to hire a Communications and Public Relations Officer who will be responsible for public relations and communication strategies and activities at PetaBencana(dot)id; these include promoting awareness of its programs and creating increased visibility of the organization with beneficiaries, donors, partners, key stakeholders, government agencies and the general public. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with an international, multi-disciplinary team on developing humanitarian infrastructures and build capacities for community-based disaster response. We offer a competitive salary, based on experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain PetaBencana(dot)id official social media platforms sites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.) and keep them relevant, updated and interactive
- Assist with graphics and outreach material production for social media and related promotional materials in print and online, and press releases, and ensure their timely dissemination and amplification via PetaBencana(dot)id communications channels
- Assist with the development and implementation of integrated social media/marketing/communications plan to broaden the awareness of PetaBencana(dot)id’s programs
- Organizing publicity events such as media briefing and releases, PR events etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including social media and multimedia skills, plus strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Developed understanding of needs of media and public audiences.
- Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator a plus
Please submit your cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and at least two references to email@example.com by February 14th, 2021, with the subject line “Communications and Public Relations Coordinator”.