ABT ASSOCIATES JOB VACANCIES 2021
Village Institutional Specialist – Indonesia
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The Village Institutional Specialist has a mission to provide technical expertise for the strengthening of BPD, Inter-Village Cooperation Institutions and other community and village Institutions within the PKAD Terpadu framework developed by the Directorate General Bina Pemerintahan Desa to ensure that basic service agendas in villages and inter-villages villages are carried out in accordance with the KOMPAK program agenda. Technical support is also provided to the Ministry of Village for village empowerment and development activities, especially in involving village community organizations.
Under the supervision of the KVS Lead, the consultant will carry out the following tasks:
- with the direction of DG Bina Pemdes and KOMPAK to develop a simple analysis tool for BPD to track planning and budgeting results at the community level
- Provide technical input to development/revision on guidelines for BPD in conducting their roles: a) collect and manage community aspirations (data/information) and ensure aspirations addressed in village
- meetings, regulations, and village planning; b) oversight performance of village head through transparent and accountable results of village development, including through village accountability meetings
- Provide technical support to develop and strengthen the Integrated PKAD Program framework that targets BPD strengthening and inter-village cooperation
- Mapping of emerging good practices in which BPD effectively fulfills their function in providing ensuring inclusive, participative, and accountable village development; manner
- Actively involved in providing input on Integrated PKAD Guidelines and thematic modules, especially BPD
- Supporting the institutionalization of Sekolah Anggaran and Posko Aspirasi developed by Seknas FITRA and KOMPAK through Integrated PKAD, especially in increasing the capacity of Kecamatan/PTPD to strengthen BPD in monitoring village planning and budgeting.
- Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants via this link.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant disciplines, e.g. sociology, anthropology, economics, public policy/administration, development studies, political science, regional studies, health, education etc.
- Proven and extensive experience in the community empowerment issues and village government
- Preferably with a minimum of ten years of experience working in the development field, especially community and village government capacity building
- Demonstrated record of high productivity, independence, initiative, and comfort working across multi-organizational partnerships
- Strong advocacy with Government of Indonesia and communications skills; writing and presenting to a wide range of audiences
- Experience working with government agencies, development partners and CSOs
- Fluent written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion issues
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant disciplines, e.g., sociology, anthropology, economics, public policy/administration, development studies, political science, regional studies, health, education etc.
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity can be found via this link.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Monday, 18 January 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants, however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.