INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
Open to External Candidates
- Reference No: CFCV/ID10/2021/002
- Position Title: Intern (Budgeting)
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Organization Unit: Finance Unit
- Type of Appointment: Internship Contract for 3 (three) months, with the possibility of extension
- Report to: National Finance and Budget Officer
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 25 January 2021
Under the guidance and direct supervision of National Finance and Budget Officer, the incumbent will provide assistance in Finance (budgeting) activities for IOM Mission in Indonesia. S/he will be working in close coordination with all DRM and projects/operational units and other staff in the Mission.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- In coordination with NFO, developing a strong database for all projects for better internal tracking and data management.
- Maintain the documentation and records/filing system for all project documents and reports in the database.
- Prepare the monthly financial monitoring report with accurate financial tracking on a monthly basis and perform/advise correction entries in order to have a clean project expenditure report with correct Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and General Ledger (GL) utilization; drive and optimize the process of data collection to ensure accurate monthly reporting.
- Update the monthly project budget dashboard and ensuring the accuracy of the reports.
- Monitoring and overseeing the day-to-day administrative, budgetary, and financial functions in accordance with IOM’s rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Evaluate the effect of cost between projected program changes and the projected budget; forecast shortfalls and actions necessary to accommodate the changes.
- Prepare the templates/checklists aimed at improving work process and increasing efficiency.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Applicants enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum under-graduate school) in Accounting or Business Administration, or others at the of application of internship; and/or applicants who are enrolled in a second university degree (graduate school/equivalent); or have graduated with a university degree within one year of graduation.
- Ability to prepare a clear and concise reports and to analyse and interpret source information and data.
- Ability to analyse financial information, identify sources of data collection and ability to present the resulting analysis in an easy-to-understand format.
- High level of computer literacy is required (Ms office), specifically Excel and computerized accounting systems. Knows how to use SAP is advantage.
- Good writing and communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking.
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Good knowledge of and experience in finance/accounting and administration.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following LINK: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae and minimum three referees (preferably direct academic supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (CFCV/ID10/2021/002) as subject. The deadline for applications is 25 January 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered