SOLIDAR SUISSE JOB VACANCIES 2021
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Position: Logistic and Administration Officer (consultancy, 100%)
- Duty station/Country: Palu with frequent travel to project sites in Donggala and potentially Sigi,
- Reporting line: Finance and Administration Manager
- Starting date and duration: As soon as possible till end of Jan 2022 with possibility of extension.
Solidar Suisse is a Swiss NGO established in 1936 (then called Swiss Labor Assistance). Today the organization is active in development cooperation and humanitarian aid in 16 countries worldwide, fighting for global fairness. In Indonesia, Solidar Suisse became active following the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Central Sulawesi and immediately started to collaborate with partner organizations to provide humanitarian assistance.
For the recovery phase, a comprehensive humanitarian program in the livelihoods and DRR sectors is being implemented to support the affected people mainly in rural areas in Central Sulawesi.
To monitor and guide the implementation, a highly qualified team is being established. For this purpose, we are seeking a motivated, skilled and experienced person for the position of Logistic and Administration Officer.
PURPOSE OF MISSION
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Administration and Logistics Officer is entrusted to support the daily operations and the local partner and to ensure compliance with the Internal Control of Administrative and Finance rules and regulations. He/she supports the Finance and Administration Manager in all organizational, administrative, financial and logistic matters of the office management. He/She will also provide technical support and capacity building to the logistics, finance and administration staffs of the partner organization.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Logistic and Administration Officer is entrusted with the following tasks:
Support the Finance and Administration Manager:
- Resolving questions related to local labor law;
- Managing and follow-up all contractual office issues and ensure timely payment of all office related bills and fees;
- Managing leaves schedules of all consultants;
- Supporting the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure financial, HR and administrative records and filling are comprehensive, accurate, secure and up to date. This includes, but is not limited to all contracts, agreements and key correspondence;
- Preparing minutes of meeting;
- Prepare and maintain a contact list of relevant stakeholders;
- Providing administrative support to the mission team, including organizing travel arrangements, meetings and other events;
Logistics & Procurement
Support the Finance and Administration Manager and the partner in:
- Preparing contracts engaged with third parties;
- Ensuring all necessary documentation for procurements are complete, in line with Field Financial and Administration Guidelines (FFAG) and filed;
- Ensuring all items are procured in a timely, efficient and accountable manner, and secure best value and service benefit deals for the project;
- Participating in procurement processes carried out by the partner organization and ensure the compliance of the supplier/service provider selection & related documentation as per Field Financial and Administration Guidelines (FFAG);
- Main taining a supplier database;
- Ensuring the partner manage traceability & reconciliation between orders, contracts & deliveries, and liaise with finance for problem solving;
- Contributing to logistics and project staff capacity building of the partner;
- Assist the partner to ensure goods transportation means are secured as per needs.
- Assist the partner to coordinate & follow-up deliveries & liaise efficiently with suppliers for problem solving.
- Assist the partner to manage periodic inventories, stock clearance and investigations over discrepancies.
- Ensuring all assets are labeled and managed according to all relevant donor rules and regulations;
- Monitoring and calculating fuel consumption of office cars;
- Overseeing and facilitating the maintenance and repair of office equipment;
- Purchase all office supplies and stationeries;
- Any other task assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
REQUIRED PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE.
- University degree or relevant working experience of at least 3 years
- Experienced in Logistics or in accounting, business, finance (preferable in logistic and administration)
- Demonstrated experience working in administrative, supply chain and logistical matters; with international agencies is mandatory;
- Work experience in an emergency context is an advantage;
- Excellent computer skills; especially in Excel;
- Fluent in English (written, spoken and reading);
- Strong attitude to take initiative, work autonomously and achieve results effectively;
- Able to work flexible, cope with stress and respect deadlines.
DURATION AND STARTING DATE
We look for a candidate who can start as soon as possible, with contract duration till end of January 2022 with possibility of extension.
If you are interested in this assignment and meet the requirements, please send your application including detailed CV, and contact details of 3 referees by e-mail with Subject “Logistic and Administration Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Friday, 22 January 2021.
The candidates from Central Sulawesi are encourage to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted