ABT ASSOCIATES JOB VACANCIES 2021
Capacity Development Advisor – Indonesia
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The purpose of this consultation is to provide advisory and technical assistance for institutionalization Kecamatan and Village Strengthening (KVS) Flagship especially to support six components of kecamatan strengthening: policy; incentives and funding; capacity building; village and community engagement support and oversight; integrated services for MSS acceleration and use of data/information, in collaboration with the Directorate General of Regional Administration (BAK) and provincial levels.
Under the supervision of the KVS Leader, the consultant, will carry out the following tasks:
- Provide technical input for increased coverage and institutionalization of district strengthening;
- Provide technical input to program and it’s implementation design to ensure institutionalization and scale out by DG BAK and local governments;
- Provide technical input to general and technical guidelines for kecamatan strengthening;
- Provide technical input to strengthen the capacity of the camat and staff to support the key area of roles, including use of technology in capacity building;
- Report, review and analysis of testing the guidelines for learning and best practices formulation for Kecamatan and Village Strengthening.
Further information regarding other key duties is included through THIS LINK.
- Master’s degree in the relevant disciplines, e.g., sociology, anthropology, economics, public policy/administration, development studies, political science, regional studies, health, education etc.
- Proven and extensive experience in the Kecamatan issues including policy, capacity building, data and budgeting
- Preferably with minimum of ten years of experience working in the development field, especially capacity development of sub-national government
- Demonstrated record of high productivity, independence, initiative, and ?comfort working across multi-organizational partnerships
- Strong advocacy with Government of Indonesia and communications skills; writing and presenting to a wide range of audiences
- Experience working with government agencies, development partners and CSOs
- Fluent written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion issues
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity can be found on this link.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Monday, 18 January 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.