BLUE VENTURES JOB VACANCIES 2021
- Location: Denpasar, Indonesia
- Closing date for applications: 14th February 2021
- Contract status: National post
- Start date: ASAP
- Contract duration: Fixed term 2 year contract
- Remuneration: Competitive salary based on experience
We rebuild tropical fisheries with coastal communities
Yayasan Pesisir Lestari (YPL) is a Bali-based marine conservation organisation that aims to empower coastal communities managing their local marine ecosystems in ways that enrich livelihoods and sustain healthy oceans for generations to come. Based in Bali, in cooperation with Blue Ventures, a UK-based marine conservation organisation, we’re building partnerships with local organisations who work closely with coastal communities across provinces in Indonesia.
Summary job description
We are currently recruiting a Director to lead Yayasan Pesisir Lestari (YPL) and support the development of our operations, our growing team, our partnerships, and our ambitious and expanding programmes. The role will also have responsibility as Chair of the board of caretakers within the Yayasan structure.
Reporting to the YPL’s boards, this is a full time role based in YPL’s headquarters in Denpasar, Bali, with occasional/travel to work closely with colleagues, partners, field teams and communities.
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader, who has the knowledge and skills required to work with a committed team to continue the development of YPL.
You will need to be a motivated, proactive and highly organised individual, with an excellent knowledge of how a Yayasan operates and the regulatory and legislative environment that YPL works in.
A crucial part of the role will be building relationships and partnerships with government and other organisations in the sector.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of project management and managing organisational budgets. Ideally, you will have experience of community-based conservation and development initiatives in Indonesia. You will thrive in environments that are collegiate and fast-paced, and be able to demonstrate experience of working independently and solving complex problems in challenging situations.
Assessment of applications will include candidates’ alignment with YPL’s core values and mission to support human rights-based approaches to marine conservation and fisheries management.
- Leading a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, field-focused team
- Maintaining and developing existing and new relationships and partnerships
- Overseeing the safe, effective and efficient delivery of YPL’s activities in Indonesia with operational oversight of Health Safety & Security
- Setting an example and developing YPL’s culture and values
- Creating a positive professional environment that protects, nurtures and develops the talents of our team
- Ensuring that all activities are well designed, respond intelligently to community need, and are progressed on time and to budget through careful planning, decision-making and progress reporting
- Developing fundraising proposals and identifying fundraising opportunities
- Identifying & develop new partnerships
- Team Management
- Oversight of all elements of HR for YPL
- Line management of YPL’s management team
- Supporting colleagues to integrate work plans & projects through a collegiate and participatory approach
- Supporting managers in identifying YPL’s staffing needs and leading recruitment processes as necessary
- Supporting capacity building and training for professional development of the YPL team
Financial and project management
- Developing annual work plans and budgets for YPL, for board approval
- Leading annual reporting to all regulatory and donor bodies
- Overseeing the financial planning, budgeting, spending and reporting in relation to current grants
- Representing, and ensuring compliance and reporting of YPL to all levels of Indonesian Government
- Ensuring that YPL’s programmes are aligned with the government of Indonesia’s development priorities
- Building and strengthening relations with key stakeholders within the private and public sectors as well as NGOs, within the broader context of improving the natural resource value chain for the communities we work with and driving adoption of conservation models
Skills and experience
- Excellent leadership skills with proven staff management experience, ideally with a diverse and multicultural team
- Experience of overseeing project and organisational budgets
- A strong reputation and existing relationships with partners and other actors in the marine conservation and/or conservation sector in Indonesia
- Proven budget experience, including management of multi-theme programmes and institutional funders
- Proven partnership development experience and networking skills
- Experience of and success in fundraising and managing relationships with institutional donors (foundations and/or governments) within and outside of Indonesia
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building and feedback skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to give effective presentations and conduct meetings with a variety of Stakeholders
- A strong team player who is friendly and willing to participate in a wide range of tasks
- Clear commitment to a community-based approach to conservation and development
- Strong written and spoken English
Applicants should apply online via the website of our partner, Blue Ventures at CLICK HERE by 14th February 2021.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and first-round interviews may be conducted with short-listed candidates before the application deadline.
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date.