DAI INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2021
DAI_Fleming Fund Country Grant to Indonesia is looking for Procurement Specialist Jakarta Based
The Fleming Fund Country Grant to Indonesia is supporting the government in implementing the National Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Action Plan. The fund supports strategies to monitor and contain AMR and to monitor antimicrobial consumption and use (AMC/U) and improve antimicrobial stewardship. The Fleming Fund Country Grant Indonesia is being implemented by a consortium led by DAI with partners the Eijkman Institute, Health Security Partners, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Ausvet. The implementation of the Fund adopts a One Health approach supporting activities across the human, terrestrial animal and aquatic animal sectors. The project seeks to strengthen current surveillance of AMR and AMU/C by working closely with the Ministries of Health, Agriculture and Marine Affairs and Fisheries and provincial counterparts to support capacity development in relation to laboratories and testing, surveillance and information management. The project will also support and seek to engage private sector interests including healthcare providers and animal production industry stakeholders.
Purpose of This Post
DAI_Fleming Fund Country Grant to Indonesia is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional for the full-time position of Procurement Specialist.
Description of Duties
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary contact for vendors and ensure payments are made on a timely manner for all actions related to project administration and procurements;
- Solicit and collect bids, formulate bid comparison matrices and make recommendations for vendor selection in accordance with DAI policies and procedures;
- Ensure that vendors understand DAI procurement policies, procedures and reporting requirements;
- Coordinate with other DAI_Fleming Fund Country Grant to Indonesia’s staff to procure goods and services in accordance with DAI regulations and policies;
- Coordinate with Civil Works Engineer DAI_Fleming Fund Country Grant to Indonesia to procure goods and services for laboratories renovation work in accordance with DAI regulations and policies;
- Work in teams with other DAI_Fleming Fund Country Grant to Indonesia’s staff to ensure timely procurement of goods and services and closeout of each activity;
- Ensure proper documentation is gathered and filed for financial settlement and other reporting requirements;
- Ensure immigration documents of expatriate LTTA and STTA staff are correct and current;
- Oversee and manage procurement and operations equipment and supplies;
- Schedule and arrange travel logistics for staff and STTA/short-term consultants;
- Other duties consistent with the overall focus of the assignment as assigned by the Lead Administrator.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or equivalent in a relevant field is required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ demonstrated experience in a related role required.
- Relevant experience working on DFID contract in a related role highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite) required.
- Ability to work in a complex project environment, set realistic priorities, and plan project implementation activities based on agreed upon priorities.
- Fluent English required.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge on national rules and legislations in the field of procurement and civil construction/engineering.
- Knowledge and/or experience in DAI procurement policies and procedures (TAMIS system), or other standards set forth for a procurement is an advantage.
- Strong sense of integrity is essential.
The Procurement Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Lead Administrator.
Level of Effort/Timeline
The level of effort is 260 days per year. The employment agreement will end by September 2021 with possibility of an extension. Procurement Specialist will be based in Jakarta, with occasional travel to other parts of Indonesia.
Remuneration and package
Remuneration and package will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Based in Jakarta with some domestic travel.
February 1st, 2021
Application closing date
January 20th, 2021
Interested and qualified applicants could send the cover letter and CV at the latest on January 20th, 2021, at 05.00 PM Jakarta Time to RecruitmentFFCGIndonesia@dai.com with “Procurement Specialist” in the subject line and specify their date of availability in the CV or covering email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.