RIKOLTO INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2021
Rikolto is an international NGO with its international office in Leuven, Belgium, having more than 40 years’ experience partnering with farmers’ organisations and food chain actors across Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America. In Indonesia, Rikolto operates in 7 provinces and focuses on 5 main commodities (rice, coffee, cocoa, cinnamon, seaweed) and 2 thematic initiatives (Food Smart City and Payment for Ecosystem Services).
We support smallholder farmers to take up their role in rural poverty alleviation and to contribute to feeding a growing world population in a sustainable way.
Rikolto runs programmes in 15 countries worldwide through eight regional offices. We’re a close-knit network of accessible and knowledgeable colleagues, willing to share experience and eager to inspire others. We are currently looking for a professional for the position of:
PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Based in Denpasar, Bali
The Programme Development Officer is responsible to support the Regional Director in planning, searching, and developing new programmes and projects of Rikolto Indonesia. He/she will work in close coordination with the sector managers, PLA, Communication and Finance units to ensure quality results. He/She will provide the day to day support and necessary assistance for the programme development with close coordination with other respected units to ensure that delivery of new ideas of programme proposal and strategy is well presented.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the development and drafting of Rikolto‘s new programmes/projects in line with Rikolto’s global strategy;
- Assisting in interpreting Rikolto’s global strategies/direction into the Indonesian context;
- Proactively doing research on new relevant concepts/approaches/guidelines and propose their application to the team.;
- Prospecting of funding opportunities;
- Research and information gathering related to the topics of the proposals/concept notes;
- Drafting parts of the proposals/concept notes;
- Participation in the international Fundraising & Communication team regular meetings;
- Administration of the fundraising.
- Working with the Communication Coordinator to work out a detailed communication strategy that is in line with the programme and organisational direction;
- Assisting the Regional Director in communication with respect to programme/project development and fundraising, including development of presentation materials, thematic documents, etc.;
- Proof reading and copy editing of relevant documents in Bahasa and English.
- Playing an exemplary role with respect to the values, identity of Rikolto in Indonesia; ensuring compliance with the Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics in order to safeguard its organisational reputation;
- Supporting activities regarding the general well-being of the staff-members and healthy and environmentally friendly practices at the office and in the operations;
- Special assignments which have not been described here.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Management (business, value chain, rural development, market chain) or equivalent
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in project development, communication, and business development.
- Strong programme/project conceptualizing and analytical thinking;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English;
- Experience in project development, communication, and business development.
- Ability to take initiatives, to work independently and in a team
- Facilitation skills
- Communications for results;
- Leading self.
- Building networks;
- Quality oriented.
- Problem solving;
- Stimulating others;
- Leading the organization.
To maintain a good gender balance in our team, we especially encourage female candidates to apply.
Please submit by e-mail your letter of interest, recent CV with minimum salary expectation , by the latest on Friday, January 22nd, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.