SAVE THE CHILDREN JOB VACANCIES 2021
- JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator – Child Rights HEAL
- LOCATION: East Java
Save the Children (SC) and its partners, Legal Aid Foundation (YLBHI) and TIFA Foundation (TIFA) seek to support the government to protect and promote the human rights of vulnerable groups in response to the impact of COVID-19 in the provinces of West Nusa Tenggara and East Java; through the implementation of HEAL Project (Promote Human rights and Equality to Achieve Sustainability). The project aims to protect and promote the human rights of vulnerable groups in response to the impact of COVID-19; particularly to ensure the rights of vulnerable groups, including children, in West Nusa Tenggara and East Java, are better protected and their rights to government social protection are strengthened.
Under the supervisory of Programme Manager HEAL, this Programme Coordinator position will lead the HEAL project implementation in its respective province and/or district and provide technical assistance to province and/or district level implementation as well as to implementing partners. This will includes, ensuring programme activities are implemented according to the plan and will be responsible for budget management with subject to the designated budget authority threshold or scheme of delegation. S/he will be responsible for ensuring gender and inclusivity integration throughout the implementation. S/he will lead communication and coordination with multi thematic components of the programme and ensure coordination with local government counterparts and other stakeholders, as well as responsible for networking, sharing and learning at province and/or district level.
Working closely with Technical Advisors, implementing partners, MEAL Coordinator, as well as consultant; the post holder shares the accountability to build the most positive and affirming work environment possible and ensure that the management, staffing and culture of the organisation are suitably aligned with the mission, evolving goals and strategic ambitions aligned with the Member Accountability Framework and Minimum Performance Standards for Associate Membership.
The post holder will contribute on achievement of the global KPIs on Operations Delivery, and contribute to achievement of global KPI’ as follows:
- Financial performance against forecast (BVA) (KPI01)
- Underspend on FS Commitment (KPI02)
- NCE Proportion (KPI03)
- Supply Chain Efficiency (KPI04)
- Purchasing Efficiency (KPI05)
- Contribute to Awards Management
- Awards close out actions completed on time (KPI09)
- On-time reporting (Member) and quality of reporting (MI06)
- On-time reporting (Donor) and outstanding reports (MI07)
- Contribute to compliance to security standard (KPI12)
- Road safety indicator (MI15)
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum bachelor’s degree on community development or social work, or any equivalent in relevant fields will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years working experience with Government and non-Government organizations (preferably INGO) in the area of child rights governance, democracy and human rights.
- Proven skills on project cycle management, community development and mobilization and working closely with key stakeholders, especially local government.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Ability in problem solving, show initiative/being pro-active, passions to project, and work independently.
- Respond to requests, queries in timely manner
- Good information sharing/communication skills
- Attention to detail, particularly with regards to expense transactions and financial reporting.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights based approaches
- Experience working with human rights defender, minority beliefs group, village government on village fund
- Have experiences working in West Nusa Tenggara and East Java.
- Home based at West Nusa Tenggara and East Java, speaking local language is an added value.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jan 29, 2021