ECONUSA FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
The EcoNusa Foundation is a non-profit organization aiming to enhance various local Papuan initiatives at the national and international levels in promoting sustainable natural resource management. The organization was founded on 21 July 2017 in Jakarta. In achieving the goal, EcoNusa Foundation encourages the development of the capacity of civil society organizations to organize advocacy, campaigns, communication with the engagement and dialogue among stakeholders in promoting sustainable natural resource management and the values of transparency, conservation, and equity.
One of the main strategies to achieve the goals of the EcoNusa Foundation is improving various local and international initiatives in the framework of sustainable natural resource management in Maluku Island and Tanah Papua. This specific focus is carried out by the Community Resilience and Natural Resource Management (PSDA) team which has the main responsibility to do potentials mapping, finding local initiatives in the communities of Tanah Papua and Maluku, and ensuring the management of local initiatives in line with forest and ocean conservation efforts that can ultimately improve local people’s welfare through mentoring processes and cooperation with local partners.
The Econusa urgently invites the best, most-talented and highly-motivated individuals to apply for the following vacancies:
- Post Title: Program Associate – PSDA (2 positions)
- Supervisor: PSDA and Community Resilience Manager
- Duty Station: 1 position in Sorong, West Papua & 1 position in Kaimana, West Papua
- Job Type: Full Time (1 year)
- Level: Officer
PURPOSE OF JOB
Program Associate is part of the PSDA work unit at the Econusa Foundation that will intensively work with the community to manage natural resources which has the potential to be developed. Program Associate will be stationed and carry out their duties in West Papua (Sorong and Kaimana). They also hold the functions, main duties, and authority to achieve the objectives of the PSDA program implemented by Econusa.
In general, the functions of the Associate – Sorong Program include: planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, as well as reporting all activities/programs that become the scope of work, authority, and responsibility.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulating activities and budget plans related to PSDA potential management and capacity building.
- Preparing Terms of Reference for each activity that will be carried out.
- Conducting regular field visits and maintaining communication with village leaders, indigenous group leaders, and other parties who have a strategic role in the region to ensure support from the village for the implemented project is available.
- Facilitating meetings with local communities to gather their ideas on how to improve the quality of natural resources potential management.
- Facilitating capacity building of communities and local partners working with Econusa.
- Monitoring the progress of the carried out project.
- Provide narrative and financial report for each activity and ensure the quality of monthly report in accordance with Econusa standards
- Perform other tasks given by supervisors/supervisors directly related to the development of potential PSDA
- Attending team coordination meetings and other meetings organized by Econusa.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Able to articulate and communicate ideas.
- Able to communicate in English (passive and active).
- Able to operate MS-Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Teamwork and having discipline on the specified target.
- Provide skills in activities and budget planning.
- Excellent interpersonal management and time management so as to meet the deadlines that have been targeted.
- Have at least 2 years of working experience on issues of social forestry, economic empowerment, indigenous rights, and natural resource management.
- Have a basic understanding of the concept of the green economy.
- Experience in community organizing.
- Provide proof of technical ability to facilitate capturing the context in the community.
- Have the ability to document narrative and financial reporting including reporting for monitoring and evaluation by collecting program data according to existing standards, data collection that supports the achievement of program results and results of activities
- Willing to be placed in Papua.
- Internal: work closely with all units in Econusa.
- External: coordination with third party and stakeholder
This job description above covers the main tasks for the position of Program Associate. Additional duties may be entailed as suggested by the organization and within the reasonableness of the levels of skill and experience.
Please submit your letter of application and recent curriculum vitae include salary expectation by email to email@example.com with the subject “Program Associate (Sorong / Kaimana)” no later than January 24, 2021. Please select one of the duty stations, Sorong or Kaimana.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org