HIVOS SOUTHEAST ASIA JOB VACANCIES 2021
- Title: Regional Roving Grant Officer “VOICE”
- Duty Station: any of the four Voice focus countries (Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, and the Philippines)
- Report to: Global Programme Manager Voice
- Duration: 1 (one) year (renewable)
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power, and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens, and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Voice is an innovative grant facility that supports the most marginalized and discriminated rights holder groups in their efforts to exert influence in accessing productive and social services and political participation. Voice works with the following five rights holder groups, prioritizing those rights holders that may face double or overlapping vulnerabilities. 1). People with disabilities; 2) Gender and sexual minorities; 3) Women facing exploitation, abuse, and/or violence; 4) Vulnerable youth and elderly/senior citizens; 5) Indigenous people and ethnic minorities. These groups are often the hardest to reach. The program is executed by a consortium between Oxfam Novib and Hivos.
Reporting to the Global Programme Manager Voice, the Regional Roving Grant Officer for Asia provides leadership and support to the Voice focus countries in Asia (Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia and the Philippines) to ensure high quality regional and national grant and programme management. The role includes supporting, coordinating, and ensuring coherence of the entire grant management and contracting process, coordinating and supporting tracking and monitoring of grant data and metrics, and ensuring grantee compliance and support within the entire grant process.
The Regional Roving Grant Officer for Asia shall act as the to-go person for the Voice country teams for all aspects of the regional and/or national grant-making process including all grant administration policies, systems, and documentation to ensure compliance, incorporate best practices, and ensure excellent controls.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the issuing and timing of regional and/or national Calls for Proposals and liaise on innovative outreach strategies to ensure reaching the right rightsholder groups;
- Coordinate and support national Voice Country Teams in Asia as well as the Coordination team in carrying out (Asian multi-country) grant selection assessments (including identifying capacity gaps) and contracting process;
- Coordinate with Voice country teams to help ensure effective post-contract grant management including:
- Compliance with Voice policies and procedures;
- Timely collection and assessment of reports;
- Follow up and communicate with grantees;
- Ensure scheduled payments to grantees;
- And liaising with Voice country teams to ensure seamless grant management and communication;
- Help ensure grant processes are in line with Voice targets and objectives and promote effective grantmaking;
- Ensure grant administration policies and processes are responsive to Voice needs, and propose adaptations as needed;
- Track compliance and identify and report non-compliance issues to the Voice Programme Manager related to donor and Voice contractual obligations and standards;
- Support grant portfolio reporting and monitoring and evaluation, including for Regional/Multi-Country grantees based in Asia:
- Undertake monitoring visits to grantees as needed and in-line with project plans;
- Support finance and compliance spot checks;
- Identify grantee capacity issues and risks and support preparation of a capacity development plan as needed;
- Capture voices of change for internal and external amplification.
- In collaboration with Voice country teams carry out grant and financial data reconciliation at the regional level and preparation for (Annual) plans, reports, audits, and other Voice reporting as needed;
- Maintain systems to track grant metrics in line with Voice reporting requirements;
- Monitor regional trends, regulations and their effect on grant-making in Voice focus countries;
- Take the lead in cross-regional or program-wide initiatives and special projects;
- Coach, mentor, and support new in-country Voice team members as needed.
Knowledge, experiences, and competencies
- Five-year experience with large scale grant management;
- Knowledge of grant-making policies and procedures and applicable country/ national regulations;
- Knowledge of and affinity with social inclusion, marginalization, lobby & advocacy;
- Academic background (MA level) or similar in international business administration or international communication or equivalence in years of work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Administrative project management skills;
- Excellent ICT skills (Microsoft Office and database);
- Strong organizational and coordinating skills;
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments;
- Ability to analyze budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Willingness to travel in the region and beyond;
In our efforts to create an inclusive working environment we especially encourage applications from the Voice rightsholders. We will make reasonable accommodations
What do we offer
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues, and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
A salary that is competitive in line with other international NGOs in any of the four countries.
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
We encourage early applications and will review the applications on a rolling basis in an effort to fill the role as soon as possible. Please note that this is a local contract; no moving costs provided.
Please specify the position and country you are applying for: VOICE Grant Officer_Country Name in the ‘subject’ line of your email.