ABT ASSOCIATES JOB VACANCIES 2021
Kecamatan and Village Strengthening Coordinator (East Java) – Indonesia
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The Kecamatan and Village Strengthening Coordinator will manage activities and technical assistance to the local governments of East Java to improve kecamatan, village and community capacities for inclusive community-led development. The Kecamatan and Village Strengthening Coordinator will focus on KOMPAK’s Outcome 1 and 2 area of work, which entails strengthening kecamatan, village and community engagement, particularly in holding accountability of government and service units.
- Manage technical delivery activities in facilitating inclusive and innovative kecamatan strengthening, including strengthen musrenbang, inter-village cooperation/area, and village support/oversight to ensure services (CRVS, MNCH, and basic education) that prioritize poor and vulnerable groups, especially women.
- Manage technical delivery activities in facilitating integration/synchronization of data/information for planning and coordination at village and or with sectoral/services unit for efficient and quality services
- Manage technical delivery activities in facilitating strengthening inclusive, transparent, accountable, effective and efficient kecamatan and village governance in responding poor and vulnerable needs/aspiration, especially women for access and quality CRVS, MNCH, and basic education services
- Manage technical delivery of activities to develop and strengthen an active community structure and roles to demand better services from the government and services unit (social accountability)
- Facilitate and coordinate technical assistance to increase village fund utilization to address priority needs of the poor, vulnerable, marginalized and especially women to access quality CRVS, MNCH, and basic education services
- Facilitate activities related to dialogue and development on village Binwas policies which address the needs of poor and vulnerable communities
- Engage with/facilitate provincial and district government in monitoring implementation of activities related to kecamatan, village strengthening and community engagement in ensuring poor and vulnerable needs for access and quality basic services activities
- Provide quality assurance to the delivery of activities and facilitating engagement between CSO partners, KOMPAK and local government partners as relevant to the activities
- Work closely and maintain good relationship with the technical teams or Workstream in KOMPAK
Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants.
- A degree in a relevant field (politics, social studies, education, development studies, legal studies or another related field). Masters preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in community development programs, working with the Government of Indonesia, highly desirable with sub-national experience
- Experience with empowerment and community organizing and/or familiarity with Village Law is seen as an advantage
- Management experience able to direct a team, set priorities and monitor progress
- Written and verbal communication skills of a high order able to develop good drafts of reports and analysis in a clear, concise, and convincing manner
- Interpersonal communication skills of a high order able to forge relations easily with a range of stakeholders including for example: civil society, government, donors, development partners and private sector
- Fluency in English is desirable
- Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion issues
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity can be found through this link: CLICK HERE
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Sunday, 31 January 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.