MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES JOB VACANCIES 2021
Position in the Organization
- Title: Social Worker for COVID-19 Project
- Duration: 6 Months
- Location: DKI Jakarta
In January 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of a new coronavirus disease, COVID-19, to be a Public Health Emergency of International Concern and in March 2020 it declare as a pandemic. Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), as a medical humanitarian organization with mandate to provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare is taking up active role as Ministry of Health’s partner in supporting COVID-19 response in Indonesia. MSF has been implementing COVID-19 response interventions in DKI Jakarta Province following the cases-load. Realizing that primary health facility and community play important roles in managing epidemics/pandemics, MSF is keen to strengthen the role and capacity of primary health facilities/Puskesmas and community in COVID-19 prevention and control as well as mental health and psychosocial support.
Facilitation of trainings and community related activities for COVID19 prevention and control in Jakarta
- Assist MSF medical doctor and psychologist in facilitating information sessions and trainings to health workers and community including sensitization to community leaders, faith leaders and other community stakeholders in COVID-19 infection prevention and control as well as mental health and psychosocial support
- Participating in the creation and maintenance of any material needed for the activities of social workers, including Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials, equipment and other necessary materials in order to ensure continuity.
- Mapping and regular updating of formal and informal support services (incl.existing community resources). Assess quality of existing support services, with identification of gaps and advocacy for an improved culturally appropriate social response
- Maintaining records, statistics, files, and reports on all social work activities and follow up care either provided by MSF or other support services. Identifying gaps in the available services and with the team prioritizing and developing plans following the objectives of MSF.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, counseling, social work or other relevant degree/diploma, preferably with health related field.
- Minimum 2 (two) years of working experience in relevant field
- Local languages and mission language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
How to apply
Please send your application : Cover Letter, Updated Curriculum Vitae including name, addresses, email address & phone number of 3 (three) referents to Human Resource – MSF Indonesia via email : email@example.com and should indicate “Social Worker for COVID-19 Project” on the email subject.
Applications will be considered until 27 January 2021. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.