CHEMONICS INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2021
- JOB TITLE: Finance Assistant
- JOB LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
- REPORTS TO: Senior Finance Manager or his/her designee
- PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Indonesia
The USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement & Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) is being implemented by Chemonics International. The focus of the project in Indonesia is to provide technical assistance in supply chain management to the Ministry of Health for HIV, TB, and laboratory commodities, in support of the national HIV/AIDS and TB programs in the country. At the national level, the project supports the Directorate of Direct Infectious Disease Control (Sub-directorates HIV/AIDS and TB), the Directorate of Quality and Health Services Accreditation (Laboratory services), and the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. At the provincial level, the project provides support to Jakarta and Papua provinces.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Senior Finance Manager in implementing all aspects of the project accounting system and for maintaining an accounting database. In addition, he/she is responsible for collecting and recording all information that will facilitate information exchange and dissemination of project financial documentation and records to the Chemonics home office.
Under the supervision of the Senior Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following:
Cash and Bank
- To receive request for payment package from the operations team and ensure all required documents are in place
- To deal the best rate with Citibank Treasury Unit and execute the in-house transfer
- To conduct cash count (regular and surprised) on petty cash as part of internal control over cash usage to help detect misuses of cash, thus reducing the risk of fraud and mismanagement of funds
- To create and upload all payment transactions in Citidirect for further verification
- To prepare WHT Data and TD Reconciliation for Senior Finance Manager review
- To maintain tax filing for audit purposes
- To review draft activity budget against its TOR and ensure it follows GHSC PSM activity guideline
- Explain GAAP, USAID & Chemonics Regulations to all staffs and consultants, as needed
- To involve during financial reviews done by FCR or USAID
- To scan payment voucher and its supporting documents as part of maintaining the project financial documentation and records
- To Perform other duties as may be assigned by Senior Finance Manager
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in financial management for an office of comparable size, preferably on a USAID-funded project.
- University degree in accounting, business administration, or related field.
- Knowledge of USAID and procedures, especially procurement and cost accounting principles, preferred.
- Experience with Chemonics accounting software preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals.
- Skills in program planning, budgeting and financial analysis preferred.
- Familiarity with and proven ability to use standard accounting and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia required.
- Authorized to work in Indonesia required.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:
The Finance Assistant will be supervised by the GHSC-PSM Senior Finance Manager or his/her Designee.
When you are interested on the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae and cover letter to: email@example.com with E-mail subject: Finance Assistant – your name
DEADLINE: January 27, 2021