PLASTIC BANK JOB VACANCIES 2021
PLASTIC TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS EXPERT (ASIA)
- Enrich your career and be a part of a trailblazing company that makes changing the world fun
- Providing technical expertise specifically on the technical elements and cost of social plastic as well as the development of high-level, integrated processing and supply chain applications
- Based in Asia with a preference for location in Indonesia. The job focus will be Asia but there will also be opportunities to work with clients/partners around the world.
This is an exciting time to join Plastic Bank and make your mark in changing the world’s relationship with plastic. We build ethical recycling ecosystems in coastal communities and reprocess the materials for reintroduction into the global manufacturing supply chain. We are currently collecting in Haiti, the Philippines, Indonesia, Brazil and just started in Egypt. Up to date, our collectors have recovered more than 13 million kilograms of Ocean Bound Plastic. Collected material is reborn as Social Plastic® which is reintegrated into products and packaging. This creates a closed-loop supply chain while helping those who collect it.
We offer passionate professionals the opportunity to enrich your career and be a part of a trailblazing company that makes changing the world fun. It is a unique opportunity to have a truly global impact in environmental and socio-economic regeneration, all on the backbone of a utility blockchain.
By joining our team, you will play an important role in the development and continuous improvement of the operations, standards, systems, and processes that will underpin our future growth.
The Plastic Technical Solutions Expert is based in Asia. Reporting to the Global Materials Director, this is a senior technical role at the organization that was recently created in support of our emerging market presence in the Asia region.
This role is responsible for providing innovative solutions to qualified business needs through the application and integration of multiple standard and customized Plastic Bank social plastic materials and services. The expected expertise is specifically on the technical elements and cost of social plastic as well as the development of high-level, integrated processing and supply chain applications if required.
You will work closely with the Sales team in the process of qualifying strategic opportunities, by delivering the architected solutions that not only addressing the specific detailed requirements of the client but also having Unique Selling Propositions (USPs).
- Architecting and designing appropriate solutions for the identified customer requirements through the application and integration of multiple standard and customized Plastic Bank products and services.
- Uncovering of business needs requiring technical material solutions in order to meet the defined criteria within the opportunity.
- Providing all technical and business input to the final solution, including an accurate cost model incorporating the required profitability for Plastic Bank.
- Identifying and assisting in the qualification process of new processors/converters around the world, to meet the needs of the Plastic Bank growth strategy; and
- Responsible for the creation and up-to-date maintenance of the company’s product catalogs, technical specifications/data sheets, and all related Technical and Health & Safety data.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BA degree in Polymer Chemistry or related field is preferred
- Considerable professional experience in similar technical roles within Plastic Industry coupled with strong exposure in reducing cost or improving efficiency
- Experience in customer-facing position
- Good analytical skills, complemented by problem-solving skills and mathematical abilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills (effective use of the English language is a must)
Please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job TSEA202010. Please note that we will only be reaching out to candidates moving forward to the interview stage, thank you for your understanding.