UN VOLUNTEERS JOB VACANCIES 2021
Child Protection Knowledge Management Officer
- Jakarta (IDN)
- Indonesian, English
- 12 months with the possibility of extension
- 31 January 2021
- Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Chief Child Protection, or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Child Protection Knowledge Management Officer will:
- Support the development of communication materials including infographics, Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials, blog posts, and case studies on child protection programs, as requested in both English and Bahasa Indonesia, and support the design process and Publication Review.
- Represent the Child Protection Cluster in meetings with Government and civil society partners and share minutes of meetings in order to ensure an up-to-date understanding of relevant government programs and priorities.
- Update Sharepoint and other internal file management systems.
- Maintain a catalog of and develop a summary of relevant legislation and policies related to child protection.
- Support documentation on child protection COVID-19 responses and lessons learned.
- Support in building and maintaining regular program monitoring and performance data through regular data collection and development of M&E tools (RAM, SMQs, HPM, Sitrep)
- Support tracking and monitoring SDGs related to child protection.
- Provide support to generating and analyzing child protection data and statistics.
- Engage and support in the research related to child protection program implementation, including but not limited to prevention of child marriage, response to violence against children, parenting, and civil registration programs.
- Explore and suggest ways of capturing child protection issues trending in social media and other methods to analyze big data
Communication and social media
- Engage in reviewing social media posts and support Child Protection social media engagement, including U-report.
- Support the development of human-interest stories and relevant data for donor reporting.
- Draft articles of UNICEF Indonesia Child Protection activities for global child protection bulletin.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, public health, social sciences, development studies, or a related field.A
- Master’s degree or additional advanced diploma is desirable.
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least one (1) year of work experience in program development and implementation with non-profit organizations.
- Experience working on child protection issues and/or with youth organizations is desirable.
- Experience in working with social media, big data, and data visualization.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Indonesian(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Knowledge management, archiving and documentation, Monitoring and evaluation, Other communications-related experience
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
Application procedure: CLICK HERE