CARDNO EMERGING MARKETS JOB VACANCIES 2021
National Regulatory Review Consultant – Health Emergency Operations
AIHSP is seeking a short-term National Regulatory Review Consultant, who will identify and examine existing regulations related to health security, particularly in the emergency operations structures and procedures to be able to respond effectively to emerging health security threats. This review will also assess whether there are gaps in regulations in relation to public health emergency preparedness.
This position will work with the Senior Health Security Specialist, Technical Program Manager (Human Health) and Emergency Operations Specialist on a day-to-day basis and provide strategic analysis and technical advice around the health security components which are stated in the work plan. Particularly, he/she will also support AIHSP’s TWG #3 on Emergency Preparedness on providing technical assistance to review, update and strengthen the existing health emergency systems.
More specifically, this role will also:
- Identify and collect relevant laws, regulations, and additional national and local policy documents for the legal and regulatory review. The scope of the review is defined by a One Health approach to health security concerning emergency operation procedures. The review will take into consideration other existing AIHSP work to avoid duplication.
- Based on the document review and key informant interviews, the consultant will create a brief that summarizes critical elements of relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines that pertain to health security across the cascade and at the national and local levels. The brief will summarize the level of implementation of each policy and the strengths/weaknesses of each based on feedback from the key informants. The brief will also provide advice or recommendations on which areas are best targeted for reform.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: CLICK HERE
You will be a motivated and proactive consultant with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- A tertiary qualification in the field of Public Health, Law, Public Policy or related field.
- Experienced in undertaking legal regulatory or policy review related to health issues preferrably on health emergency operations procedures and policies.
- Sound understanding of the Indonesian health security context, particularly around relevant emergency operations regulations and policies.
- Strong network and experience working with relevant Indonesian government agencies not limited to MoH but also stakeholders on health emergency operations issues.
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills including dealing both directly and indirectly with government officials and other development partners at various levels.
- Good English and Indonesian oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess initiative, reliability, and honesty.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a diverse, fast-paced environment, and to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
This is a mid-level consultancy position. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations.
Why join the AIHSP?
The Australia Indonesia Health Security Partnership (AIHSP) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining AIHSP, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
A cover letter addressing selection criteria, a recent CV with the names and contact details (email addresses and phone numbers) of three (3) referees.
Please apply from the following link: CLICK HERE
The vacancy closes at 8 pm (Jkt time) on Friday, 29 January 2021.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.