CHEMONICS INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2021
Senior HIV/AIDS Manager
- JOB TITLE: Senior HIV/AIDS Manager
- JOB LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
- REPORTS TO: Deputy Country Director
- PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health
- Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Indonesia
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and is being implemented by Chemonics International. In Indonesia, the project provides technical assistance in supply chain management of health commodities, in support of HIV/AIDS and TB programs. At the national level, the project provides support to the Directorate of Infectious Disease Control (Sub Directorate for HIV/AIDS and Sub Directorate for TB), as well as the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. The project provides support at the provincial level as well, in Jakarta and Papua Provinces.
Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Senior HIV/AIDS Manager (based in Jakarta, Indonesia) to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Indonesia. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner country management of the health supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. In Indonesia, GHSC-PSM operates under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funded task order to conduct HIV and tuberculosis supply chain strengthening activities that support Indonesia on its journey to self-reliance.
The Senior HIV/AIDS Manager will assist the Country Director and Deputy Country Director in coordinating the project’s technical programmatic aspects related to HIV/AIDS. They will have primary technical oversight of PSM Indonesia’s HIV/AIDS activities, including supply chain strengthening, TLD implementation, VL coverage expansion, commodity forecasting, LMIS technical assistance, etc. The SHIVA will also oversee PSM Indonesia coordination with the LINKAGES project and will work closely with the MIS/Data Management Manager on implementing data connectivity solutions for VL laboratory diagnostic platforms. The Sr. HIV/AIDS Manager will supervise the HIV Laboratory Activity Manager, as well as one or two Logistics Activity Manager. This long-term position will require occasional local, regional, and international travel.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical support to improve the HIV/AIDS supply chain at the central and provincial levels, focusing on data collection and analysis, tracking of performance indicators, and advising Ministry of Health and Implementing Partner staff involved in supply chain activities.
- Support the MoH in the design, development, and use of information systems that ensure the availability and reliability of data for supply chain management decision making by the Ministry of Health, implementing partners, and international donors.
- Provide analytical support related to key supply chain data to identify current weaknesses and propose implementable solutions to address these weaknesses.
- Coordinate with the MoH and other key partners in collecting data against agreed indicators at the national, provincial, and facility levels.
- Supervise the preparation of various reports (monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc) for key stakeholders, including MoH program managers, USAID, Global Fund, and GHSC-PSM headquarters.
- Support central and provincial level program managers in convening and managing Logistics Coordinating Committees, including the organization of meetings, development of activities, and collection and dissemination of information.
- Prepare slides, materials and updated presentation and link the relationship between program and supply chain management including do presentation for various stakeholders.
- Develop analytical models and tools or dashboard to simulate the various changes to the supply chain including demand planning, procurement, supply planning and supply chain challenges.
- Coordinate with MoH counterparts and USAID in monitoring the HIV commodity supply chain to ensure that the right quantities of commodities are procured and made available at all levels of the supply chains.
Provide technical input for the semi-annual and annual quantification process at the national and provincial levels.
- Work closely with the MIS/Data Management Officer on implementing data connectivity solutions for VL laboratory diagnostic platforms
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Deputy Country Director, or designee.
- Master’s Degree (preferred) in pharmacy, supply chain management, management, statistics or related field required.
- 5-7 years working experience working with health programs. Experience working in HIV/AIDS highly preferred.
- Experience providing technical assistance in supply chain management and/or program monitoring & evaluation to the Ministry of Health.
- Experience working in partnership with health programs supported by international agencies, and especially USAID, highly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong relationships and coordination with HIV Program at the national and/or provincial levels preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to measure the outcomes of project activities and to support project implementation.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also completing individual tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Indonesian and English.
- Must be Indonesian citizen or authorized to work in Indonesia
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION
The Senior HIV/AIDS Manager will report directly to the Deputy Country Director or his/her designee.
When you are interested on the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with E-mail subject: Senior HIV/AIDS Manager – your name
DEADLINE: January 29, 2021
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.