SAVE THE CHILDREN JOB VACANCIES 2021
Project Officer – Coaching for Life – (2100006N)
- TITLE: PROJECT OFFICER – Coaching For Life
- LOCATION: JAKARTA
Coaching for Life Program is a unique program combining the Save the Children’s expertise on Youth resilience program and Arsenal’s expertise in Football.
The Arsenal Foundation and Save the Children have joined forces to establish the Coaching for Life Program to address the urgent needs of vulnerable children in Indonesia and Jordan.
The goal of this program is use the power of football to improve the well-being of children aged 12 to 18 years, who have been affected by conflict and violence. We will enhance the ability of boys and girls to act for themselves, and give them the tools and opportunity to influence decisions that affect them.
In order to achieve long-term transformative change for children, we will build upon the impact of this coaching model – and its use of football – to deliver wider programming in each country, which works across all levels of society, reaching every key influencer in a child’s life.
Together we will deliver measurable improvements to children’s resilience and strengthen their overall well-being through five core outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Girls and boys demonstrate improved resilience
- Outcome 2: Girls and boys can access safe spaces and support services
- Outcome 3: Caregivers and communities have increased knowledge and capacity to support children’s resilience and well-being
- Outcome 4: Legal, policy and/or systemic changes occur to help protect children from violence
- Outcome 5: Evidence base for embedded resilience building in sports coaching strengthened
For Indonesia Context, Coaching for Life Program will reach 1,400 targeted children as direct beneficiaries in North, East and South Jakarta to fulfil their potential and be empowered to raise awareness of, and promote children’s rights to development, safety and protection. We will work and close collaboration with RPTRA (Ruang Publik Terpadu Ramah Anak) in North, East and South Jakarta. It is expected that model RPTRA that embody child friendly principle as well as strategically designed and managed to address the rights of children on healthy development, safety and protection, will be developed together with RPTRA committee and youth, and be adopted by RPTRA Steering Committee in Jakarta.
The Project Officer will support the Program Manager in implementing of all activities of Coaching for Life Program in the targeted area (North, East and South Jakarta); in any aspect of project implementation as well as closely monitoring project activities in the field. S/he will also involve in developing the project workplan, work closely with the partners in the targeted community, such: children, youth, RPTRA management, local community, the Youth/Children Forum, and local coaches. S/he will organise, mobilise, and facilitate trainings, workshop, or other events involving those partners; also coordinate with the local government authorities, potentially collaborate with other organisation or institution and project implementing partner. S/he will report directly to the Program Manager and close coordinate with other project team in Greater Jakarta area as well as with support function team, such as: finance, administration and supply chain team. The position will also require for travel to other field locations and support for hosting donor visits. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Bachelor degree in Social Science or other related discipline
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Having at the minimum 3 years experiences on implementing development program/project.
- Having at the minimum 2 years experiences on implementing program/project on child rights.
- Trained on project cycle management.
- Strong understanding of Government structures and functions as well as general operations in Indonesia.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, pressured environment, with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong written and verbal skills on English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Experienced working in Jakarta and/or North Jakarta area
- Familiar with child’s rights based programming.
- Familiar with child participation
- Sound reasoning and decision making skills.
- Knowledgeable on project cycle management.
- Well understand about Futsal and/or Football system and its rules of the games
- Able to drive motorcycle and hold C driving license
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Location: Jakarta Timur
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Feb 4, 2021