CHEMONICS INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2021
- JOB TITLE: TB Logistics Activity Manager
- JOB LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
- REPORTS TO: Senior TB Manager
- PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Indonesia
The USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement & Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) is being implemented by Chemonics International. The focus of the project in Indonesia is to provide technical assistance in supply chain management to the Ministry of Health for HIV, TB, and laboratory commodities, in support of the national HIV/AIDS and TB programs in the country. At the national level, the project supports the Directorate of Direct Infectious Disease Control (Sub-directorates HIV/AIDS and TB), the Directorate of Quality and Health Services Accreditation (Laboratory services), and the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. At the provincial level, the project provides support to Jakarta and Papua provinces.
The TB Logistics Activity Manager will provide technical and operational support for program coordination and supply chain strengthening for these programs. This position reports to the Senior TB Manager of the GHSC-PSM Project in Indonesia.
Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Logistics Activity Manager (based in Jakarta, Indonesia) to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Indonesia. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner country management of the health supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. In Indonesia, GHSC-PSM operates under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funded task order to conduct HIV and tuberculosis supply chain strengthening activities that support Indonesia on its journey to self-reliance.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with all Indonesia PSM work streams to ensure the program’s work plan activities meet acceptable quality standards and are implemented as scheduled.
- Provide input into budgets and Terms of References (ToR) for activities in the work plan.
- Support the coordination supply chain management meeting in national and provincial level and collaborate with other supply chain stakeholders to ensure PSM activities are aligned with those of other partners.
- Provide technical supports to improve the HIV/AIDS and TB supply chains in central level, Jakarta and Papua provinces, including data collection and analysis, tracking of performance indicators, and training of partners involved in supply chain activities.
- Provide technical inputs for semi-annual and annual quantification process in national and provincial level.
- Conduct supervision and mentoring activities to health facilities and health offices in conducting routine supply chain management tasks and provide analytical support to managers of the supply chain for identifying system challenges and developing potential solutions.
- Support the implementation of test and start program in Jakarta Province by providing mentoring and SCM technical assistance to health facilities, DHO and PHO.
- Provide inputs in developing regular reporting (quarterly, semiannual and annual) for key partners in central and provincial level including USAID and GHSC-PSM HQ.
- Foster relationships and communication between relevant government stakeholders and other technical partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Clinical Degree or a Degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Logistics, Business Administration or related field required.
- 3-5 years of experience in health programs, preferable in health care supply chain managements.
- Experiences working in TB and HIV would be advantages.
- Demonstrated strong relationship and coordination with HIV and TB Program in national level or provincial level.
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain concepts preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health facilities and health offices.
- Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures.
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:
The TB Logistics Activity Manager will report directly to the Senior TB Manager of the GHSC-PSM Project in Indonesia or his/her designee.
When you are interested on the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae, cover letter to: email@example.com with E-mail subject: TB Logistics Activity Manager – your name
DEADLINE: January 29, 2021