KEMITRAAN PARTNERSHIP JOB VACANCIES 2021
- Job code title: Project Manager – SIAP IFM
- Supervisor: Program Director SGC
To enable and facilitate development of human resource capacity in the Indonesian SIAP Project by establishing and operationalising fire management Klasters in targeted rural districts in Indonesia. This includes an accelerated programme of training and skills transfer to Klaster members and operational fire management resources. The SIAP project is a ground breaking endeavour whereby SIAP Project partners (Government of Indonesia, UN Environment and Kishugu) have the opportunity to lay the foundations of a fundamental collaboration and IFM mind shift change in Indonesia. The Project Manager will be key in managing the project planning, implementation, coordination and monitoring and evaluation.
Due to the many similarities of environmental, socio-economic and political dynamics in Indonesia, having sound knowledge of the international best practice as manifested in the South African models are paramount. This will be combined with building knowledge on Indonesian regulations and operational realities and combining these for best effect. The skill will be in recognising both the similarities and differences and gently guiding the process onward. There is a need for competent advice on all of the client’s needs, and develop capacity to pass those skills on. Fostering this capacity is critical for developing core and redundancy in skill sets, both operational and strategic, and ultimately ensuring sustainability of the Project.
Kemitraan (Partnership) together with UNEP and Kishugu developed a project plan for the pilot implementation of Klaster-based Integrated Fire Management in Ogan Komering Ilir Regency (South Sumatera), Pelalawan Regency (Riau) and Pulang Pisau Regency (Central Kalimantan), and at national level in managing multi-stakeholders collaboration to improve policy and strategic actions to combat forest and land fire. To oversee and coordinate the project management and implementation both at national and sub-national level, the Project requires position of Project Manager.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Ensures implementation of project strategic direction and operation. With the following results:
- Identify areas of program support and intervention according to objective and strategy of SIAP- Integrated Fire Management
- Keep regular communications with, and seek regular advice from, the program Director and National Expert (Fire, Legal and Finance) to ensure strategic interventions and project implementation
- Undertakes trouble-shooting of project problems and suggest corrective actions where necessary.
- Together with Program Assistant, National Expert (Fire, Legal and Finance) and related partners continuously assess the progress of project implementation.
- Integrated regulation in national level.
- Develop communication and outreach product.
- Together with the team to create knowledge platform.
Design and formulation of implementation strategy, focusing on quantity and quality outputs, achieving the following results:
- Effective application of results-based management, establishment of management targets, and monitoring achievement of results, translating program priorities into workable interventions.
- Development and introduction of performance indicators/success criteria, targets, and milestones for projects under areas of responsibilities.
- Under the supervision of Program Director and guidance from the National Expert (Fire, Legal and Finance), Coordination with other Program Units to address any relevant issues through synchronization of activities/programs from the stage of project design, work plan, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop annual work plan on his/her areas of responsibilities as per strategy set out for the
management review and consideration.
Ensures effective project management and implementation, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Ensure that project is implemented efficiently according to the budget that has been agreed by donor agencies.
- Project activities are properly implemented with the coordination of project partners.
- Regular meetings are conducted with project team and project partners
- Periodical project reports are prepared and compiled to be submitted to the donors and project partners.
- Overall program strategy, objectives and activities are managed and promoted.
- Ensuring the achievement of project outcome and output
- Provide technical assistance to partners and related agencies in project management and implementation, including monitoring and evaluation
- Identify and develop synthesis of best practices and lessons learned of the project.
Maintaining coordination and developing strategic partnerships and networking with related stakeholders, focusing on avhievement of the following results:
- Develop productive working relationship and in constant coordination with the donors and project partners in the substantive aspects of project implementation.
- Coordinates with project partners for the effective and timely delivery of the expected project results
- Maintain communication and coordination with project partners and related agencies, including government agencies, privates, and civil society organizations.
- Develop strategic partnerships and networking with government agencies (BNPB, KLHK, Manggala Agni, Forestry Office), privates, other projects, donor or international agencies.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the successful and timely implementation of activities within
designated project documents. In particular, the key results have an achievement on the project quality, project implementation appropriateness, and project reporting and management oversight with regard to program of cluster.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling professional values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the Partnership
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Sets clear performance goals and standards; executes responsibilities accordingly.
- Plans, prioritizes, and delivers tasks on time
- Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others.
- Attention to derail, methodical, good timeline skills, good report writing.
- Able to work as part of a team and without direct daily supervision
- Patience and good conflict management skills
- People person and good communicator
- Humble in character and patient in listening to stakeholders is a must.
- Willing to develop a good teamwork with the Partnership staff
Partnering & Networking:
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside the Partnership
- Plans and produces quality results to meet established goals
Innovation & Judgment
- Contributes creative, practical ideas and approaches to deal with challenging situations
- Strives for quality client-centered services (internal/external)
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates good negotiations skills
Job Knowledge & Expertise
- Executes day-to-day tasks systematically & efficiently
- Uses Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource
- Is motivated & demonstrates a capacity to pursue personal development & learn
- Clear commitment to governance reform.
- Minimum Bachelor (S1) Degree In Forestry or Agriculture. Preferable Master Degree
- At least 8 years experience in project planning, implementing and monitoring.
- Experience and skill in facilitating multi-stakeholders forum, in pulling stakeholders such as key government agencies, civil society organizations, social-political figures, private companies and grassroots communities, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of IFM operational exposure and experience, with 2 years in senior position.
- Minimum of 2 years in IFM training and mentorship functions.
- Experience develop strategy communication, especially fire management would be advantages.
- Experiences work with BNPB, BPBD, Manggala Agni, Forestry and Military.
- Experiences in forest and land fire would be a big plus.
- Experiences in using Microsoft Office
- Experience in report writing, project management and good skill on the use of ICT.
- Having good knowledge regarding the current socio-political and economic conditions; forestry issues, landscape approach, forest and land fire; climate change, mitigate impact of fire on the landscape & economy; fire Management/wildfire management; fire-related disaster risk.
- Having deep knowledge on Fire Fighters Handbook, Fire Managers Handbook, Aerial Firefighting Handbook, NIMS / ICS Fire line Handbook, WoF BOPs and SOPs, Wildfire origin and cause – PMS412, Integrated Fire Management, relevant wildfire legislation and regulation (SA or equivalent with Indonesia to be provided) would be advantages.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia