ECONUSA FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
The EcoNusa Foundation is a non-profit organization aiming to enhance various local Papuan initiatives at the national and international levels in promoting sustainable natural resource management. The organization was founded on 21 July 2017 in Jakarta. In achieving the goal, EcoNusa Foundation encourages the development of the capacity of civil society organizations to organize advocacy, campaigns, communication with the engagement and dialogue among stakeholders in promoting sustainable natural resource management and the values of transparency, conservation, and equity. We work on several projects which, among others, focus on local community resilience, policy advocacy, communication hubs in Eastern Indonesia, and local economic development.
In response to the increasingly intense implementation of the program, EcoNusa Foundation formed a new unit, namely Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) in June 2019. Currently, we are requiring a new personnel for the position of MEL Officer to strengthen the performance of the unit. MEL Officer has the function, main task, and authority in supporting the achievement of organizational goals related to monitoring, evaluation and learning from the program implementation, especially in data collection and analysis.
The Econusa urgently invites the best, most-talented and highly-motivated individuals to apply for the following vacancies:
- Post title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
- Supervisor: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Job Type: Full Time (1 year)
- Level: Officer
PURPOSE OF JOB
The role of MEL Officer is to provide support primarily for the MEL Unit and other units in the monitoring, evaluation, and learning from the program implementation by EcoNusa Foundation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing support to the MEL Manager in the supervision and management of the MEL system and in the strategy of monitoring, evaluation, and learning;
- Monitoring the activities carried out by the organization based on the work plan and progress of the implementation of all programs in accordance to the standards of the MEL Manual developed;
- Providing support in designing the procedures, formats, and guidelines related to MEL;
- Being involved in the coordination and updating of the system used in the monitoring and reporting including the online trial with any refinement as needed;
- Collecting and storing data into the monitoring database and ensuring the documentation of accessible activity information and program results;
- Contributing to the implementation of monitoring and evaluation held by the organization or donors;
- Providing support in the development of concept and documentation of learning processes from the implementation of all programs based on the results of monitoring;
- Providing assistance to all units in the organization in the application of MEL tools;
- Coordinating the implementation of monitoring and evaluation, analyzing documents, and processing MEL data;
- Updating information and circulation regarding the status of program and reporting to donors on a regular basis including checking of the completeness and correctness of required documents (supporting documents);
- Development of periodic MEL activity reports in a timely manner according to the format and instruments applied;
- Sharing information on MEL and the results of program monitoring based on the organizational requirements;
- In reference to the role, providing support and facilitating a discussion session on MEL to the staff, local partners, and third parties as necessary;
- Development of the Terms of Reference for the implementation of activities in the MEL Unit;
- Working collaboratively with MEL Senior Officer in the provision of MEL-related data and information;
- Joining the coordination meetings in support to the MEL Unit or handling other relevant tasks for the effectiveness of the program implementation in line with the organizational needs.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES
Background and Skill
Bachelor degree in social sciences with solid experience in MEL for development programs by non-profit organizations. Working experience in environmental issues will greatly support this work. Demonstrated skill in using MS Office and other digital applications are essential in this role.
Minimum 3 years working experience in the same position.
- A good knowledge of ME frameworks including logic models and Theory of Change;
- Able to communicate in Indonesian and English well. Ability to write stories from the field or activity reports will be an advantage.
- Deft at work with accuracy and diligence.
- Creative and responsive.
- Internal: MEL Officer will work closely with the MEL Senior Officer and MEL Manager.
- External: MEL Officer will collaborate with all unit teams at the EcoNusa Foundation and relevant parties.
This job description above covers the main tasks for the position of MEL Officer. Additional duties may be entailed as suggested by the organization and within the reasonableness of the levels of skill and experience.
Please submit your letter of application and recent curriculum vitae by email to email@example.com with subject “Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer” no later than February 8, 2021.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be notified