ECONUSA FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
The EcoNusa Foundation is a non-profit organization aiming to enhance various local Papuan initiatives at the national and international levels in promoting sustainable natural resource management. The organization was founded on 21 July 2017 in Jakarta. In achieving the goal, EcoNusa Foundation encourages the development of the capacity of civil society organizations to organize advocacy, campaigns, communication with the engagement and dialogue among stakeholders in promoting sustainable natural resource management and the values of transparency, conservation, and equity. We work on several projects which, among others, focus on local community resilience, policy advocacy, communication hubs in Eastern Indonesia, and local economic development.
To support the monitoring, evaluation, and learning of ongoing programs, we are currently opening a vacancy for the position of MEL Senior Officer. The personnel holds a main role in facilitating the organizational development and learning and contributes, among others, in maintaining and developing effective ME systems, tools/instruments, and monitoring processes that enable analysis of progress and outcomes, provides inputs in the quality assurance of reporting; supports internal and external evaluation processes; and facilitates knowledge exchange and learning with the internal units by developing internal relationship within the organization, writing MEL-related content, and contributing to regular knowledge exchange.
The Econusa urgently invites the best, most-talented and highly-motivated individuals to apply for the following vacancies:
- Post title: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
- Supervisor: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Job Type: Full Time (1 year)
- Level: Senior Officer
PURPOSE OF JOB
The role of Senior MEL Officer is to provide support primarily for the MEL Unit and internal units in the monitoring, evaluation, and learning from the implementation of programs at EcoNusa Foundation and ensure the foundation of robust MEL system.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being involved in planning and development of new initiatives proposed by EcoNusa Foundation;
- Conducting oversight of the application of MEL system and identification of gaps or challenges in technical and non-technical terms;
- Contributing in the development or refinement of MEL Manual and other MEL guidelines;
- Providing support for the units in the organization to ensure that all teams can meet the standards that have been set and writing reports in reference to these standards;
- Supporting the development of concepts, approaches, strategies, and documentation of the learning processes from the implementation of the programs of EcoNusa Foundation based on the monitoring records;
- Contributing in the data collection, program documentation, and quality assurance for all program reports;
- In connection with the monitoring records, conducting analyses of activities carried out and project progress for the achievement of outputs and outcomes to ensure the quality of program implementation;
- Being involved in the monitoring and evaluation of programs by EcoNusa Foundation and donors;
- Coordinating and following up with partners on the monitoring and evaluation of programs and reporting them to MEL Manager on need-to-know basis;
- Compiling data reports and proposals for periodic lessons learned assessments;
- Designing and developing MEL tools to monitor activities including logframes, indicator tracking, baseline, annual, and endline surveys, regular monitoring, data collection and analysis, feedback and reporting according to the monitoring and evaluation frameworks, and adapting to match strategic program or changes;
- Updating and coordinating inputs for risks and risks management on quarterly bases;
- Initiating trainings to EcoNusa staff on the information collection, report generation, and appropriate database or reporting format requirements for effective information curation;
- Designing and tracking MEL activities conducted by the program units including ones in collaboration with the key partners and stakeholders or third parties;
- Operating digital filing systems for MEL tools and MEL documentation as necessary;
- Producing analytical summaries: graphs, charts, tables, narratives and appealing visuals as requested to fulfill internal and external reporting requirements;
- Drafting logframes and MEL plans in coordination with the MEL Manager;
- Developing activity reports of the MEL Unit periodically or stories from the field in a timely manner according to the format and instruments applied;
- Joining the coordination meetings in support to the MEL Unit or handling other relevant tasks for the effectiveness of the program implementation in line with the organizational needs;
- Assisting in any other task or duty assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES
Background and Skill
Bachelor degree in social sciences with solid experience in the implementation of MEL for development programs by non-profit organizations. Working experience in environmental issues will greatly support this work. Demonstrated skill in using MS Office and other digital applications are essential in this role.
A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in similar positions involving design and practice of MEL frameworks or logic models and Theory of Change with good understanding in program management. Experience working on environmental issues especially in Eastern Indonesia with communities, government agencies, local partners, and international organizations is of added value. Experience in managing, coordinating, and implementing capacity building programs will be beneficial.
- A good knowledge of MEL frameworks including logic models and Theory of Change;
- Able to communicate in Indonesian and English well.
- Deft at work with accuracy and diligence;
- Creative and responsive.
- Internal: Senior MEL Officer will work closely with the MEL Officer and MEL Manager.
- External: Senior MEL Officer will collaborate with all unit teams at the EcoNusa Foundation and related parties.
This job description above covers the main tasks for the position of Senior MEL Officer. Additional duties may be entailed as suggested by the organization and within the reasonableness of the levels of skill and experience.
Please submit your letter of application and recent curriculum vitae which summarizes how your profile aligns with the key requirements, skills and abilities of this position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer” no later than February 8, 2021.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be notified