INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF RED CROSS JOB VACANCIES 2021
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 192 members of National Societies. The organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergences in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. IFRC’s work is guided by seven Fundamental Principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality) and by Strategy 2020, which voices the organization’s collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that presently confront humanity.
The assigned person will be base in Jakarta
- Finance Intern
- Date of issue: 29 – 01 – 2021
- Closing date: 05 – 02 – 2021
- Duty station: JAKARTA
- Country: INDONESIA
- Contract Duration: 6 (six) months
- Category of Staff: Intern
The Finance Intern, under overall supervision of the Corporate Services Manager, is responsible for overall delivery of financial and administrative support, ensuring the proper use of Federation resources according to established procedures. S/he will support the work of various departments in order to ensure the operation works effectively and efficiently.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Expenditure and Liabilities
- Validate and reconcile individual contractor’s payments to ensure payments are in accordance with the agreement and completion of actual work.
- Maintain Accounts payable module to records commitments and liabilities for goods or services.
- Assist Support Service Manager on preparing commitment & potential expenses on monthly basis.
- Prepare retrospective expenditure
- Prepare list of contracts and follow up result from system
- Compiling Salary Coding from all location
- Checking National Society Document
- Banking Maintenance
Budgeting and Budgetary control
- Assist Support Service Manager on monitoring budget by completing actual expense on budget template on monthly basis.
- Assist Support Service Manager during budget revision cycle.
- Performing timely monthly closing review and checks
- Ensure Federation Internal Control Systems are in place and complied with.
- Look for any irregularities that may lead to potential loss to Federation’s asset & support on quarterly/ yearly stock check
- Alert management for any potential weakness in the implementation of activity/procedure that may lead to potential loss to Federation if proper action is not taken.
- Ensure all supporting document is available before post to book
- Updating NS Document database
- Support asset management
- Ability to use and produce a report using Fedbudget software.
- Ability to use and generate a proper report using Business Object.
- Coordination with Program Managers on any finance related issue.
- Professional /academic qualification in finance, accounting and administration services (min. graduation degree in commerce)
- Degree in accounting
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Maximum 1 year work experience in a finance or accounting and administrative roles
- Experience of working with Federation accounting and administrative systems is preferred
- Experience of local commercial & contractual systems is preferred
- Experience of project cycle using participatory methodologies is preferred
- Experience in writing narrative and financial reports is preferred
- Experience in Administration
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing and accounting packages)
- Knowledge and experience of CODA is preferred
- Experience of and ability to use manual accounting systems
- Skills in training and developing staff
Fluently spoken and written English is preferred
How to apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the subject heading: Finance Intern