WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY JOB VACANCIES 2021
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) has a distinguished history of scientists exploring and saving wildlife in some of the most remote and wild places remaining on Earth. The Wildlife Conservation Society Indonesia Program (WCS-IP) has significantly grown over the last decades, and contributed substantially to the conservation of biodiversity in Indonesia. WCS-IP currently works to support the Government of Indonesia in several large landscapes in Sumatra and Sulawesi and seascapes across the Indonesian archipelago where it aims to protect threatened species and their habitats. In order to achieve its overall goal, WCS-IP working closely with government agencies, civil society organizations, private sectors and local communities and also prioritize field activities that seek to build local partner capacity, halt the poaching and illegal and unsustainable trade of wildlife (IWT), mitigate human-wildlife conflicts, and monitor and sustain the health of wildlife populations.
WCS-IP efforts to mitigate the IWT are primarily conducted through Wildlife Trade and Policy Program with two over-arching objectives namely: i) Support Government in counter illegal wildlife trade through strengthening the capacity of government on mitigate IWT; data and information gathering and analysis and improved inter-agency coordination; and, ii) Support Government in strengthen the national policy, regulatory framework and data management systems for species conservation and wildlife trade as well as the implementation of CITES. In order to achieve these goals, WCS-IP is looking for Training Coordinator.
The Training Coordinator will support the WTP Program by coordinating and assisting the Senior Specialist with the planning and implementation of the WTP training activities throughout target landscapes and seascapes in Indonesia. The full scope of work will involve coordinating government partner trainings, including training needs assessments, training module development, Training of Trainers (ToT), training delivery, monitoring and analysis of training impacts, report writing and future planning of training events, based on partner needs. The position will therefore require close liaison with the Indonesian government partnering agencies, particularly Ministry of Environmental and Forestry (MOEF) and an excellent coordination and communication skills
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Design training protocols and training modules
- Develop a protocol for developing a comprehensive WTP training program. The content covers how to conduct a training needs assessments, training methods, training preparations, and post training impact assessments.
- Develop training materials for the WCS data management system and train WCS staff and its partners
- Compile and produce a training curriculum, syllabus, or materials from the previous, current, and future trainings, both as electronic documents and hardcopies.
- Develop a good understanding on specific training requirements, such as Leahy vetting procedures.
- Provide expert training
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with MOEF and other key government and provide training support in counter wildlife trafficking for them, as identified.
- Support training of NGOs/CSOs who are working on illegal wildlife trade issues.
- Working closely within the WTP
- Maintain excellent communication with WTP Manager to implement trainings under this program.
- Maintain communication with the WTP operations team to map training activities from various projects and to ensure that the trainings will fulfill project outputs in the required deadline.
- Work closely with WCS Communication Unit publish the training activities to media and for internal use.
- Work closely with WTP Grants and Reporting Officer to ensure that the training is documented to a high standard, with accountable and accurate training outputs, so that it can be used for reporting purposes to both donors and partners.
Please note that the above TOR constitutes only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. As WCS-IP is a flexible organization, staff members are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them but which are not part of their regular TOR.
- Minimum Master Degree (S2) in state administration, forestry, environmental studies, criminology or other relevant topic.
- Minimum 4 years working with an NGO and at least 6 year’s experience conducting training with government institutions.
- Highly motivate, with good self-initiative and capable to work competently with minimal supervision.
- Capable to work well under pressure, quickly understand project details and capable of meeting deadlines on time and to a high standard.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A high interest in wildlife conservation.
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in both English and Indonesian
POSITION: TRAINING COORDINATOR
Based in: Bogor
Reports to: Senior Capacity Building Specialist
For more detailed information about Wildlife Conservation Society – Indonesia Program, the position and how to apply, please visit our website at: Training Coordinator
When you are interested on the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae, expected salary, three professional references and a cover letter explaining your interest towards this work and/or this organization to email@example.com.
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format “Training Coordinator_(name of candidate)”
Deadline: February 10th, 2021
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified