ABT ASSOCIATES JOB VACANCIES 2021
Regional Economist Research Specialist for Health Sector – Indonesia
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The main purpose of the Regional Economist Research Specialist for Health Sector is to support the Government of Indonesia (Bappenas, Ministry of Home Affair, and Ministry of Finance) in providing input for policy formulation on costing, mechanism, monitoring and evaluation instruments, Special Allocation Fund for Health Sector (DAK fisik and Non Fisik) and Special Autonomy in Aceh, Papua and Papua Barat.
Under guidance of the Otsus Implementation Improvement Lead and Fiscal Transfer Arrangement Manager, the Regional Economist Research Specialist will:
- Conduct policy dialogues with the other relevant ministries and/or subnational governments on the policy and implementation of Special Allocation Fund for infrastructure (DAK Fisik and Non Fisik) for health sector to increase performance and public service delivery
- Providing input for the Policy on Monitoring Guideline for DAK Fisik and Non Fisik 2020 and 2021 for health Sector especially in relation to COVID19 handling
- Develop a set of output indicators and instruments for monitoring and evaluation of DAK Fisik and Non Fisik in Health Sector
- Conduct various simulations of Costing for Development in Health Sector for Papua and Papua Barat Province
- Provide technical input for the implementation of Inpres No. 9/2020
- Provide technical input for the revision of Papua Otsus law and derivative regulations about Otsus Fund Management in Papua and Papua Barat in area of allocation for Health Sector
- Provide input in developing mechanisms and implementation of Otsud Fund Aceh with DAK Fisik modelling
- Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants.
- Minimum master’s degree on economics, accounting, management, public finance or other relevant fields
- At least 7 years of relevant experience engaging with programs relating to regional and urban economics, economic modelling, fiscal decentralisation, public financial management, regional development
- Experience working with the Government of Indonesia and development partners, especially Bappenas and Ministry of Finance
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to maintain work relations with key stakeholders in the government
- Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion issues
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Tuesday, 16 February 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.