ABT ASSOCIATES JOB VACANCIES 2021
Lead Evaluator for Evaluation of GESI Mainstreaming and Specific Interventions in KOMPAK
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The Lead Evaluator will support KOMPAK in managing the Evaluation on GESI Mainstreaming and Specific Interventions in KOMPAK. In conducting the evaluation, the Lead Evaluator will supervise a research team consisting of several team members of researchers, reporting to the GESI manager and coordinating with the GESI team.
The assignment will cover developing a Terms of Reference (ToR), including research design, methodology, and qualitative data collection methods (primary and secondary); developing tools, data collection and analysis, report writing; and the development of relevant knowledge products; and dissemination.
Further information can be found in the Information for Applicants attachment in the ‘View Position Description’ link.
- Lead the Evaluation of GESI Mainstreaming and Specific Interventions in KOMPAK
- Develop the concept, methodology, tools for data collection and other details required for the evaluation
- Lead and coordinate the process of primary (phone interview) and secondary data collection, and analysis based on agreed timeline
- Lead the process of developing report and other relevant knowledge products
- Develop materials and presenting research design and result in the dissemination even targeting relevant stakeholders, utilizing media and method agreed with KOMPAK team
- Provide input on analysis document related to GESI, Social Accountability, and other relevant issues as needed
- Minimum S1 majoring in Social Sciences, Politics or other relevant fields
- Minimum 10 years of experience in conducting qualitative studies related to social, economic and development issues in Indonesia
- Experience in managing research as a coordinator or lead researcher, being responsible for supervising research team and activities
- Experience in carrying out studies related to GESI, particularly on government, policy and village issues
- Experienced and skilful in conducting in-depth interviews with community members and government
- Tested experience in writing study reports and/or policy notes by enclosing examples of writings in Bahasa Indonesia and/or English
- Understanding issues on gender equality and social inclusion
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Tuesday, 23 February 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.