FOREST STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL JOB VACANCIES 2021
FSC Indonesia, Senior Advisor, Government And Stakeholder Engagement (M/F/D)
Location Jakarta/Bogor, Indonesia
Deadline for application March 7, 2021
FSC works to take care of our planet’s forests and those who rely on them by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, which ensures that forests around the world are responsibly managed.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring that we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to every FSC staff member around the globe – from those who design our policies and standards to those who roll out these policies and standards on the ground.
The Senior Advisor, Government and Stakeholder Engagement Manager will be part of the FSC Indonesia team. The person will be responsible for advocating FSC’s interests and maximizing our impact in Indonesia through engagement with government, community stakeholders, and key businesses. Through building working relationships with these important stakeholders, the Senior Advisor will support the resolution of any significant issues or disputes.
The Senior Advisor will be an experienced professional with a background in policy work, the forestry business, and/or supply chain management. The person will possess a solid understanding of the current social, cultural, political, and economic context in Indonesia, and be able to navigate these complexities when representing FSC in high-level discussions.
The successful candidate will report to the FSC Country Manager and the FSC Asia Pacific Regional Director. The candidate will also work closely with the Dispute Management team at FSC International headquarters in Germany.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Formulating a government engagement strategy, and designing and executing an implementation plan for this strategy.
- Providing political leadership and support to the Country Manager to help develop FSC’s presence in Indonesia and improve FSC’s standing with key stakeholders.
- Building strong working relationships with the Indonesian government and key businesses to create conditions that enable increased FSC certification and trade.
- Maintaining, improving, and developing key relationships with critical stakeholders to help resolve existing disputes and enable early identification and resolution of new and emerging issues.
- Identifying and acting on development opportunities to expand FSC certification in Indonesia and across the Asia Pacific region.
- Representing FSC at conferences and high-level meetings with key stakeholders, government representatives, and key businesses.
- Occasional domestic and international travel will be required.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- A university degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a leadership role, including a successful track record of working and developing relationships with Indonesian companies and government bodies.
- Exceptional communication skills with a background in negotiation, facilitation, stakeholder engagement, and managing disputes and conflict resolution.
- A solid understanding of the role of voluntary standards in the market, and knowledge of FSC’s work and context.
- Proven leadership skills in complex, multicultural, and multi-stakeholder institutional development work.
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment, shift focus quickly and synthesize and harmonize a diverse range of organizational, managerial, and technical demands.
- Experience and interest in policy work.
- Exposure to forestry and/or natural resource management is highly preferred.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Jakarta/Bogor, Indonesia
- Working hours: Full time
- Duration of contract: 2 years with possibility of renewal
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Deadline for application: 7 March 2021
How to apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 07th March 2021.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!