YAYASAN BAMBU LESTARI JOB VACANCIES 2021
Environmental Bamboo Foundation / EBF is a non-profit foundation engaged in the development and improvement of the quality of bamboo for people’s livelihood and welfare by implementing a sustainable management system and community-based empowerment.
EBF was founded in 1993 by Linda Garland (Indonesian Bamboo Ambassador) under the name Yayasan Bambu Lingkungan Lestari (Environmental Sustainable Bamboo Foundation). Concurred with the establishment of EBF, the Bamboo Planting Program in the Flores region was initiated in 1992 as a form of post-earthquake recovery activity in Flores. In 1995, in collaboration with the Government of East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), EBF launched the One Million Bamboo Planting Program in Flores.
The scope of EBF’s activities includes community empowerment supported by research on bamboo with its supporting components, both in terms of socio-economic, environmental, as well as supporting science. In 2017, at the UNCCC – COP 23, EBF launched the 1,000 Bamboo Villages Initiative program. The 1,000 Bamboo Villages Initiative program is aiming to create a Restoration Economy where people, especially rural farming communities can actively restore degraded and make a very good economy for themselves their families, and their communities in the process
The 1,000 Bamboo Villages Initiative program allows farmer cooperatives to produce value-added bamboo products, at the village level, by creating an integrated forest to the factory production system. Through the initiative, EBF has developed a bamboo forestry system called the Hutan Bambu Lestari / HBL system (Sustainable Bamboo Forests system) which is a community-based bamboo forestry system to sustain a sustainable bamboo industry in Indonesia. The 1,000 Bamboo Villages Initiative program is a holistic system where native species are reintroduced to degraded lands and set aside areas for food crops and cash crops within a larger agroforestry reality.
Environmental Bamboo Foundation believes that to successfully execute the 1,000 Bamboo Villages vision, there are Six Key Pathways that will have to be activated;
The First Pathway, Resource Investment and Mobilization, is to ensure investment in the village-level bamboo industry is attractive to the financial sector and Bamboo Villages are a bankable asset class.
The Second Pathway, Grow Network of Resilient Bamboo Villages, is to ensure optimal, long-term utilization of the landscape through establishing bamboo agroforestry systems that are socially, financially, ecologically resilient.
The Third Pathway, Build Digital Business Solutions for Bamboo Agroforestry, is to digitalize the bamboo agroforestry industry for increased efficiency, professionalization, and connectivity.
The Fourth Pathway, Ensure Market Access Through Sustainable Certification, is to ensure acceptability to market through an affordable verification of sustainably sourced bamboo and agroforestry products.
The Fifth Pathway, Govern Bamboo Agroforestry Value Chains, is to partner with key market players to ensure good governance and create a trusted, transparent equitable value chain for bamboo agroforestry products.
The Sixth Pathway, Strengthen Public Sector Support, is to ensure bamboo agroforestry industry is supported by key policy development and a regulatory environment that enables a restorative economic growth of the sector
For this purpose, EBF invites experienced, energetic and passionate professional who has growth mindset to join EBF’s Team in establishing 1.000 Bamboo Villages as GIS SPECIALIST.
Objectives of this Role
GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Specialist shall build and maintain GIS databases, and use GIS software to analyze the spatial and non-spatial information. Entering various types of data into GIS databases, such as text or spreadsheet files of latitude and longitude coordinates, tabular data, aerial or satellite imagery, and manual digitizing of paper maps or map images. Analyze spatial data through mapping software and design digital maps with geographic data and various other data sets. Identify spatial relationships, or display the results of analyses; review GIS data for currency and accuracy; document the parameters and context of GIS data; perform geospatial modeling or spatial analysis; and create thematic maps for environmental and educational purposes.
- Supporting in the development and management of GIS applications based on the organization’s demands.
- Developing and managing control quality standards for system application.
- Produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations.
- Managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
- Performing data capture and analysis for GIS product.
- Overseeing data flow, management, and distribution activities.
- Supporting and participating in the designing and development of the geospatial database.
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate geospatial documentation for reference purposes.
- Efficiently managing geospatial database and developing effective maps and aerial photography.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Geography, Surveying, Engineering or related field.
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R, or Python.
- Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS and Carto.
- Experience with GPS measuring tools.
- Ability to pay particular attention to details to work with databases and also analyze information.
- Several years of proven work experience either professionally or through an internship.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel
To apply for this position please submit your CV to: email@example.com no later than 28 February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.