INTERNATIONAL LABOUR ORGANIZATION JOB VACANCIES 2021
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Reference No: SVN/ID10/2021/005 – REISSUED
- Position Title: Programme Assistant II (Database)
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Organization Unit: Migration Data Analysis Centre (M-DAC)
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-5
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term contract up to 30 June 2021 with possibility of extension (the whole period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
- Report to: National Programme Officer
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 07 March 2021
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, and the overall programmatic oversight of the Deputy Chief of Mission, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting the development of the IOM Indonesia Migrant Registration and Assistance Monitoring System (RAMS).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain and monitor data integrity and consistency of Registration and Assistance Monitoring System (RAMS) database to meet its goal and specifications;
- Provide technical advice and support for the Indonesia Data Analysis Center (IDAC) related to RAMS database and service;
- Undertake a constant improvement on RAMS components and its underlying infrastructure, including, but not limited to web application, web service, database, and desktop client;
- Analyze the requirements of IDAC in correlation to RAMS and participate in the preparation of a development roadmap for new features or enhancements in the system. Work together with another developer in IDAC to get the roadmap above implemented;
- Handle feedback, support request, or bug report from users in field offices regarding the RAMS components (web, desktop client) and respond to them accordingly;
- Backup to other reporting functions in IDAC, such as producing ad-hoc data and statistical report;
- Provide clear technical documentation for the RAMS components and user guide for operational staff in the field;
- Liaise as necessary with relevant representatives from stakeholders in providing support and maintenance of RAMS. Provide technical advice and support for field staff in matters related to RAMS day-to-day operation;
- Provide training to end-users to facilitate productive use of existing and new versions of RAMS, when it is deemed necessary;
- Working with the IDAC staff and coordinate with the field staff across Indonesia to ensure the quality standard of data being uploaded to the system;
- Implement/modify and maintain security layer of RAMS using industry-standard protocols;
- Assist the PM with data analysis needs of the mission;
- Comply with all reasonable instructions and observe site procedures, security, and regulations provided by IOM Information and Communications Technology (ICT);
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Computer Programming with a minimum 3 (three) years relevant work experience; or
Completed High School degree with at least 5 (five) years in relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience application development and data management roles in development experience with .NET framework, particularly with C#;
- Minimum two years relevant experience with SQL Server 2008 – Stored procedures, Functions, Views, Indexes, Relational Database Design;
- Extensive experience in building Web/Windows Forms solutions using the .NET Framework and Visual Studio 2010
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented architecture and design patterns for building highly scalable applications using the .NET framework (3.5+)
- Experience in developing design artifacts based on UML notations and using standard tools;
- Proficient in back, middle, and front end development;
- Possess knowledge and understanding of XML documents, XSD schemas, XSLT to develop the necessary schemas and maps to represent the flow of the messages through the solution;
- Possess a good understanding of relational database concepts;
- Possess client-side Web development skills (HTML5, CSS3, scripting, AJAX, JQuery);
- Having good knowledge in using GIT or other repository source code;
- Experience in development using Bootstrap and AngularJS is a plus;
- Familiarity with the Azure server is an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users as well as technical users.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate, and security clearances.
- IOM applies the local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following LINK: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and a minimum of three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2021/005) as the subject. The deadline for applications is 07 March 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered