RIKOLTO INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2021
Rikolto in Indonesia, located in Denpasar, Bali Province is the regional branch of Rikolto, an international NGO with more than 40 years’ experience in partnering with farmer organizations and food chain stakeholders across Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America committed to developing sustainable agriculture value chains and food systems.
Rikolto runs programs in 15 countries worldwide through eight regional offices. We’re a close-knit network of accessible and knowledgeable colleagues, willing to share experience and eager to inspire others. We are currently looking for a professional for the position of:
COFFEE PROGRAMME OFFICER
Based in Denpasar, Bali
The Coffee Programme Officer is responsible for the coffee commodity program implementation, he/she provides technical and support assistance in the respective working areas in coordination with the partners. Under the supervision of the Coffee and PES Programme Manager, takes the responsibility to ensure the implementation of the project activities in accordance with the planning and expected results. He/she deals directly with all direct and indirect partners and facilitates their linkages with the strategic partners such as buyers, financial institutions, service providers, research institutes, universities, and other relevant actors.
Project Planning, Development, and Implementation
- Taking the lead in the proper implementation and monitoring of project activities at Rikolto and partner level that contribute to innovative agribusiness models and a sustainable food system;
- Supporting each partner in the annual budget planning for their activities and operations so that the budget and operations comply with the project direction and administrative and financial regulations;
- Monitoring partners in implementing program activities so that they are carried out effectively as per plan and provide feedback/update to the line manager when any obstacle occurred
- Taking the responsibility in the program operation and its administration (i.e: preparation for program’s event/activities, development ToR, etc)
- Contribute to the development of new coffee program, ideas, and concept under the direction of Coffee Program Manager
Accountability and Communication
- Monitoring, verifying, and validating project-related data according to the PLA standards;
- Producing monthly reports of project implementation and reporting them to the Coffee and PES Programme Manager
- Providing reliable and accurate narrative and financial reports according to Rikolto’s policy and procedures, not limited to the donor regulations;
- Contributing to Rikolto’s communication program (website, magazine, Facebook, Instagram, special publication materials, etc. by giving concrete stories and describing experiences).
Learning and Innovation
- Providing updates of information to the partners on matters related to the project innovations, project tools/methodologies, partnership, and way of working;
- Identifying and organizing capacity building for the partners to improve their organizational, business, and technical capacities;
- Contributing to Rikolto’s knowledge management and learning initiatives.
- Responsible to initiate, develop and maintain networking in the related sectors, this includes facilitate discussion for program design with local government
- Identifying and proposing to Coffee and PES Programme Manager, partnerships with relevant stakeholders for concrete collaboration to scale up the project results;
- Working under the direction of Coffee and PES Programme Manager in facilitating business links between farmer organizations and the private actors, financial institutions, decision-makers, and commodity networks;
- Working under the direction of the respective Coffee and PES Programme Manager in facilitating farmer organizations and private actors at the local level in adopting inclusive business practices;
- Regularly communicating, coordinating, engaging, and seeking synergy with the local governments, and ensuring that the progress report/activities of the program are regularly delivered to related government.
- Playing an exemplary role with respect to the values, identity of Rikolto in Indonesia; ensuring compliance with the Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics in order to safeguard its organizational reputation;
- Supporting activities regarding the general well-being of the staff members and healthy and environmentally friendly practices at the office and in the operations;
- Special assignments which have not been described here.
Education and Work Experiences:
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Economics, Environmental Sciences, business or relevant;
- At least 3 years in rural development, sector development, agricultural development, or equivalent.
- Concepts of sustainable food system, value chain development, and inclusive business;
- Farmer organization development strategies and tools;
- Agriculture commodity development, technologies, business and market facilitation;
- Monitoring, evaluation & learning tools and methods including database;
- Knowledge of the sector and actors in the sector at the local level and their positions;
- Knowledge of local political and institutional framework;
- Knowledge of the principles of developing activity budget and financial reports in the area of their responsibility.
- Knowledge of the government planning and budgeting process.
- Core (competencies applied to all job levels and career stages):
- Communications for results;
- Leading self.
- Technical (more specific than Core; the knowledge & skill required for a specific job):
- Building networks;
- Leadership (knowledge & skill important to be an effective leader):
- Stimulating others;
- Leading the organization.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office365;
- Excellent proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia (speaking and writing);
- Good English (in reading, understanding, speaking, and writing).
To maintain a good gender balance in our team, we especially encourage female candidates to apply.
Please submit by e-mail your letter of interest, recent CV with minimum salary expectation, by Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.